And when i was in school the other kids said i should grow weed on the farm! I always said how much ya giver fer a round bale? Now its gonna become a reality! Hahaha seems to be alot of talk in Pennsylvania about this week with that turd ball governor the rest of the state voted back in! 😡

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup. National dingus day, followed by national random drug test day.

They ar buying seed for oil, and there are people trying to push using hemp for all kinds of other uses. Lots of people have thoughts that hemp could be used for biodegradable plastic and other fiber

Alright who effed it up. I wanted it to get to 420 views. Sigh.

Posted Images

On 12/19/2018 at 3:27 PM, rcb said:

They've made strides in processing it then. Back in college (20 years ago) I had a hemp shirt. Most uncomfortable thing I had ever worn save for corduroy pants in grade school, but it was "cool". Good for rope though.

I had corduroy pants in junior high.  Blue with bell bottoms.  

Where is the market (buyers) for Hemp??

I ran a Google search and really didn't learn much about where to sell it or the process of growing and harvesting it. 

What kind of $$/acre does it generate------how is it harvested??  Looked like they were talking about both use as fiber-----and an oil use from the seed.

Somebody fill us in.

We had alot of interest in Kenaf (? spelling) in parts of the Delta a number of years ago------but nothing panned out worthwhile.

Thanks----

DD

NY has had a program to study industrial hemp for a couple years, maybe a bit longer. I looked into it but the only way to get paid for it was through government grants, and you had to be doing some sort of "study" in conjunction with a college or something to get any money. At the end of the year, you destroy the crop, because there's no use for it.

From what I gathered if you're growing it for fiber it's harvested much like dry hay.

I did some reading when they started the legalization laws here,  from reading mostly on the inter net this is what I came up with, and it may be true

for fiber the plant is tall and tough, they cut it and let it dry down in the field, raking it several times to knock out as many of the leaves as they can. Then they bale it. The size of the bales seems to be important to the sale.  They claim it performed well on  poor or lower quality farm land.  And it’s fertilizer needs were minimal.  The fiber is used in clothing, fabric for other uses, and a whole lot of cottage industries 

they also farm a shorter variety that makes a lot of seeds and when it’s ready to harvest they use a normal combine. The seeds are used for the CBD oil, feeds, and more.  They mention that the plants are really tough and combining takes some special settings and efforts.  There are a lot of people who claim that the oil helps with arthritis pain, joint issues, and the aches and pains of getting old.  Some of my friends have tried it and I haven’t met anyone who claims otherwise. 

The problem with researching hemp is a lot of the data is being argued by people who were trying to fight for legalizing pot, and the data is biased like the political news, so please take the facts above with some salt 

They were growing it at the farm we operated for a little while. 

Harvested it by hand, but I don’t know what they did with it? 

Last I knew they were trying to dry it down by hanging it like tobacco. Think they harvested the seeds for oil? Possibly seeds for the following year? 

They only grew around an acre and yes, it was research/grant money

I understand the opinions about "pot heads" etc and there was a time I felt the same.

My family saw what this plant was capable of with my brother Bill and his cancer.

I/we  think it is a miraculous treatment. Simply miraculous. 

• Like 2

I have a lot of wild hemp that grows on some of my land. Every few years the local authorities make a big find and cut a bunch of it and then burn it. It always makes the paper as a big pot bust. A kid I met  said when he was in high school he used to sell it to other students to smoke. Said it didn’t give you much of anything other then the smell of pot. I’m assuming it’s from around WW2 when they grew it in the swamp for rope. 

19 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

Hemp for  fibers and rope. Who the **** is going to use a hemp rope? I guess a small piece would look good on my Little Genius. Nevermind... 

My thoughts exactualy ,

i didn’t know there was such a demand for rope.

Probably better have some form of documentation proving what it is when your hauling it down the road and get stopped, 

I doubt most local law enforcement can tell the difference between it and its counterpart. 

Got a friend his family is big into hemp for oil his brother told me we had to get a permit whos name it would be under would have to get a 25  dollar background check I think he said the permit would be around 125 and we have to give gps coordnace of the field or fields. He said we could get into it through them a minimum 20 acres an gross 2000 to 5000 a acre You set it with a transplanter just like tobacco but you can't use any chemicals so a lot of chopping with a hole, he said they keep up with the testing of the the levels and they have a way to keep those levels down there where rumors that if it got to high you would have to mow it down but that is untrue. Harvesting he is developing a machine to do it with I've seen them also cut it with a cickel bar mower. He said all we had to do is take it to them and they would take care of it after that

What i am hearing it expensive for oil  grow it in raised plastic covered beds with drip lines like tomatoes. Transplants 2-3 dollars each 3500 plants a acre. My understanding had to have application in for Ky this past nov.30 Cut it for oil use by hand. I'm hearing just stupid numbers for a acres worth of oil. I am set up for tobacco grow 100 acres have h2a labor keeping a close eye on how this goes/

33 minutes ago, littletom said:

What i am hearing it expensive for oil  grow it in raised plastic covered beds with drip lines like tomatoes. Transplants 2-3 dollars each 3500 plants a acre. My understanding had to have application in for Ky this past nov.30 Cut it for oil use by hand. I'm hearing just stupid numbers for a acres worth of oil. I am set up for tobacco grow 100 acres have h2a labor keeping a close eye on how this goes/

Your right the 30th was the deadline. The reason we been looking for something different is because the lack of labor around here and we don't have nearly enough acres to have are own h2a 

3 hours ago, littletom said:

So if I’m reading this right, $2.00-$3.00 per transplant and with 3500 plants per acre you’re looking at $7-$10,500 per acre just for seed stock/plants?

On December 20, 2018 at 5:06 PM, John cub owner said:

If you plant hemp the dope heads that do not know it does not have THC in it will come and steal it anyway.

This happened right near me, fools, loads of the real deal all over and they ripped off a dozen hemp plants