Cheaper round baler!

What would be a decent round baler in a 4x5 size for 5k or less! Dad had a claas 46 good baler 20000 bales 0 problems but it was a soft core and he bought a new claas 4x5 belt baler good baler! I havent ran it yet or even really did anything to it. Its his! Out of my price range anyhow! Really the 46 was all i was every around and operated! Id prefer net wrap and a belt baler for a hard core! 

You can buy used New Ideas pretty cheap. Dirt simple ,some of them are 5x4's(like mine). Don't think you can get into net wrap for under five grand.

1 hour ago, exSW said:

Don't think you can get into net wrap for under five grand.

Agreed.  Net wrap ups the value of any Baler by close to 5 grand around here

I think you can get into a net wrap baler cheaper than you think.  Check auction results once.  I thought about trading two of my balers this fall, didn’t pursue that idea when I found out they would won’t have allowed me $10,000 for the pair.  Both net wrap 5x6, little over 10,000 bales each, about 10 years old.

I got a New Holland BR7090 for 5100 a couple years back, twine wrap. Really good shape. I think the reason it was so cheap was twine only. I prefer the twine to net wrap anyway so it worked for me.

5 hours ago, lightninboy said:

I'd be interesed in Claas and Krone round balers, but basically there aren't any dealers for at least a hundred miles.

The claas 46 was a baler that cost dad nothin to run was never broke down! He did hit a ground hog hole and broke a axle once! But he bought it new and besides me sometimes he was the only operator! Makes a huge difference on equipment! Im just thinking of branching out into some hay i square baled some last year could have did more i was the bale handler and wife tractor driver! What id like to do is square as much as i can and then when i start running out of time roll up the rest! 

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, Tmtbob said:

I sold an old jd 535 with net for 2k a couple months back so they are out there. Bought a challenger rb56a and its 10 times the baler the old jd was. 

5x6 balers can be found with net for under 5k that have plenty of life left. But he wants a 4x5, much harder to come across at 5k with net.