Sign in to follow this  
barnsfull

For TP in PA

IMG_20181217_172414357.thumb.jpg.efb76179e324eb440c68d5195cbcb4dd.jpgThought you might like this picture that my son has hanging in his room.  It used to hang in the pik rite dealership here. I think it was taken in PA, but not positive. If so, I'm sure it was probably near Lewisburg.  Gotta be early nineties.

IMG_20181217_172432249.thumb.jpg.8616fb82f33cbe9080c8599cf336c568.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like Furmans tractors but I can't recognize the driver, I believe I know who the first guy is on the machine facing the photographer, but can't tell with the rest.  That machine is most likely a '93 190,  all red, no grey parts and no gauge wheels on the header.......only option I see on it is the power vibrator on the header, under that white shield.  I am almost amazed that there is 2 green tractors in it at that point in time, they had quite a few IH's yet then.

12 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Looks like Furmans tractors but I can't recognize the driver, I believe I know who the first guy is on the machine facing the photographer, but can't tell with the rest.  That machine is most likely a '93 190,  all red, no grey parts and no gauge wheels on the header.......only option I see on it is the power vibrator on the header, under that white shield.  I am almost amazed that there is 2 green tractors in it at that point in time, they had quite a few IH's yet then.

Guy I work with at the township used to work for furman's on the side in his trucking days.  Told me some stories of things he was told to do with some JD's they had.

I'm thinking that it is a 91. Thought at first that it might be pic Joe or Elvin took while demonstrating in 91. This one does not look to have a folding unloading conveyor.  And notice the canopy without corner supports and front railing.  Didn't notice the lack of gauge wheels, but it is a one piece header.  However I don't think the first machines had the header vibrator.  So now I'm thinking that it is an early 190 but the pic was taken a few years later.

If it's not at furmano's, good chance it could of been in Jersey.  Pretty sure I can get an answer to that question.

1 hour ago, barnsfull said:

I'm thinking that it is a 91. Thought at first that it might be pic Joe or Elvin took while demonstrating in 91. This one does not look to have a folding unloading conveyor.  And notice the canopy without corner supports and front railing.  Didn't notice the lack of gauge wheels, but it is a one piece header.  However I don't think the first machines had the header vibrator.  So now I'm thinking that it is an early 190 but the pic was taken a few years later.

If it's not at furmano's, good chance it could of been in Jersey.  Pretty sure I can get an answer to that question.

Everyone I know who worked at Pik rite used IH Hydro's on the early barn storm demo's, so I don't believe it's anywhere other than local to me, and it sure looks like Jim on the harvester.  It also looks like Kohl's 55 and Furman's 4450 on the trailer dolly.

Reason I think it is a '93 is they had one they scrapped a few years back that looked identical to this one.  Last one they had with a Longview sorter on it.

Guys to the west of me grew a lot back in the day, they still have one of the very first machines Pik rite built in the fence row, predates the '91 190's by a few years......talk about crude, I would love to know how they got the tonnage through them they did.