Sign in to follow this  
IHRedDrive

Worth a look if you haven't seen it....

I have been following the poster's channel for a month or so, he has been uploading all kinds of cool old promo videos.

has a cool one about the old cotton pickers

hope you guys didnt have plans for rest of the day lol

• Haha 1

I’ve been doing the same as Power of Red. There is a newer version of “Roots of a Power” from 1980 there both the same thing but newer equipment in the 1980 version. I like seeing all the new machinery in both films. Crazy with all the stats they say about everything that they made and machines that come of the line each day. Very interesting stuff imo 

• Like 1

Being a massey man, i dont think he is a member here. he's gonna wonder why his IH postings are jumpping up in viewership so fast. i like how he has stuff of all colors.

• Like 1

That was great, love to see the machining of components.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Power of Red said:

Being a massey man, i dont think he is a member here. he's gonna wonder why his IH postings are jumpping up in viewership so fast. i like how he has stuff of all colors.

Love seeing those Transtar trucks off the line.

THAT WAS WELL WORTH WATCHING  !!!!

• Like 1

Where do you find more of this type of films?

1 hour ago, augercreek said:

Where do you find more of this type of films?

Farmington Implement

Yep Farmingtonimplement is my source for these films. They are worth every bit of what they cost. Hoping that I get their newest #12 for Christmas. 

Roots of Power is in DVD #11 the guy that restores these films talks about some films that are on #11. Roots of power has 330 scenes in it when IH took the 1974 version they cut out scenes and put new scenes in of newer tractors, implements, combines and scouts and that’s what became the 1980 version. 

I forgot to mention earlier that Roots of Power is on of my favorite IH films.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Yep Farmingtonimplement is my source for these films. They are worth every bit of what they cost. Hoping that I get their newest #12 for Christmas. 

Roots of Power is in DVD #11 the guy that restores these films talks about some films that are on #11. Roots of power has 330 scenes in it when IH took the 1974 version they cut out scenes and put new scenes in of newer tractors, implements, combines and scouts and that’s what became the 1980 version. 

I forgot to mention earlier that Roots of Power is on of my favorite IH films.

Incredible how many films IH made over the course of those years.

@IHRedDrive  I think that you would be surprised at the number of companies that did this back in the day.  Most have probably been lost or at least are not on the internet but producing these types of films was much more common than it is now.  Now everything is a power point presentation and it lasts for no time.  Films like this would have been used at annual stock holder meetings, sales rep meetings and that sort of thing.  This was the only real way the companies could get there message out to the people that they needed to motivate.  

• Like 1