IKS

WD9 Injection pump advice .

Coffee room buddy is redoing his old WD9 .He has it running on gas but can't get any action from pump .He anticipates the plungers are stuck . No fuel is coming to the injectors . Lots of fuel at the pump.Any suggestions will be appreciated  .Thanks guys and Merry Christmas.

check construction board

check KOO site

ALL has been covered MANY times just gets buried

do outside search /here ,,free sites don t search inside self well

Thank you ,will look .Knew there would be answers somewhere .

the rack is stuck in the pump. very common problem once sitting not being started .

Ooh ooh ooh! Try this one for further care. Granted it's my own... :-(

Sorry to bump this. I just looked at the date. Has your friend got it going yet?

Please remember the injection pumps and nozzles are the same, only your coffee buddy has a single plunger pump instead of a twin plunger pump.

I opened up my secondary fuel filter, filled it with Marvel Mystery Oil and let the air out so the injection pump had pure MMO to drink for a short time and it softened the gunk enough to allow both plungers to operate. Worked great for a short time but we need to give it fresh fuel to drink as I had to do it again and clean the everything up inside not seen.

Have your friend consider cleaning out the fuel tank as there may be sludge in the bottom. Yuck. My 1953 Galion motor grader's tank needs to come off for a good cleaning.

Hard sludge.

IF in doubt, (oh crap, does that WD-9 injection pump have a plug on the rear of the injection pump on the inside, towards the block?), pull the plug and check for free movement of the rack with your pinky. True.

I'd bet it's super sluggish or won't move at all when the throttle is moved. When that moves along with your throttle lever you're good. Mine was sluggish as heck. It had been a year or so since last running but he warned me he had a problem.

Try an MMO dose to soften the gunk. Start on gas, open the injector bleeders, pull the throttle back some and see if the bleeders will squirt some Diesel fuel.  : - )

On 2/5/2019 at 8:49 PM, Duey_C said:

Ooh ooh ooh! Try this one for further care. Granted it's my own... 😞

Sorry to bump this. I just looked at the date. Has your friend got it going yet?

Please remember the injection pumps and nozzles are the same, only your coffee buddy has a single plunger pump instead of a twin plunger pump.

I opened up my secondary fuel filter, filled it with Marvel Mystery Oil and let the air out so the injection pump had pure MMO to drink for a short time and it softened the gunk enough to allow both plungers to operate. Worked great for a short time but we need to give it fresh fuel to drink as I had to do it again and clean the everything up inside not seen.

Have your friend consider cleaning out the fuel tank as there may be sludge in the bottom. Yuck. My 1953 Galion motor grader's tank needs to come off for a good cleaning.

Hard sludge.

IF in doubt, (oh crap, does that WD-9 injection pump have a plug on the rear of the injection pump on the inside, towards the block?), pull the plug and check for free movement of the rack with your pinky. True.

I'd bet it's super sluggish or won't move at all when the throttle is moved. When that moves along with your throttle lever you're good. Mine was sluggish as heck. It had been a year or so since last running but he warned me he had a problem.

Try an MMO dose to soften the gunk. Start on gas, open the injector bleeders, pull the throttle back some and see if the bleeders will squirt some Diesel fuel.  : - )

that has nothing to do with the international injection pump. the rack runs in oil not the diesel fuel.

". the rack runs in oil not the diesel fuel."

Quite true Rusty but on the inside of the plungers that need to TURN back and forth, we have Diesel fuel that likes to turn to wax that will stick them up hard.

Been there.

Nothing to do with? I use one that has a bad seal and Diesel fuel invades the oil sump on the injection pump so in time, the rack runs in Diesel fuel (mixed with oil).

Sorry for any exuberance in trying to help.

This has everything to with the injection pump.