zleinenbach

Fast hitch implements- where to find??

auctions, especially consignment auctions. slow, but sure.

All the ones I had were from auctions or home built. 

Some show up on craigslist. Just have to watch and wait.

Auctions, Craigslist, websites, etc.  There was an auction in KY or TN last month with 14 fast hitch implements.  Wish I would have gone but stayed home so the $$ stayed in my pocket.  There are plenty of projects to finish around here before dragging more  projects home.

1 hour ago, WESnIL said:

Auctions, Craigslist, websites, etc.  There was an auction in KY or TN last month with 14 fast hitch implements.  Wish I would have gone but stayed home so the $$ stayed in my pocket.  There are plenty of projects to finish around here before dragging more  projects home.

While I haven't seen a lot at auction I've seen one, that's it one, at a tractor jockey lot or dealership in the last 15 years ago or so. Sense it's gotten popular to display an implement with a tractor at a show a lot of the old time implements, not just Fasthitch, have become difficult to find. 

Good Luck.

Rick

Yup, you just keep your eyes open and look everywhere. There's no "Fast Hitch Walmart" where you can just get exactly what you want any day of the week.

A company called Leinbach, used to produce new fast hitch implements not that long ago. I know it's not the exact same spelling as you're LeinENbach, but close enough to be an odd coincidence in my book. Google "The Leinbach Line"

Sure, you just have to go to......I can't tell you that secret:ph34r:

They are out there just watch the normal places online or classifieds in Redpower Magazine have quite a few listed every issue.

You can also make your own. There are several places that still offer the fast hitch adapters, which are just the prongs. Use the adapters and set it up on your tractor, disconnect your battery, and weld the adapters on. Without the third point you'll need to make sure it has adequate reinforcement. I've seen it done a bit now and will be doing so with a couple small items next (an auger and a yard box).

2 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Yup, you just keep your eyes open and look everywhere. There's no "Fast Hitch Walmart" where you can just get exactly what you want any day of the week.

A company called Leinbach, used to produce new fast hitch implements not that long ago. I know it's not the exact same spelling as you're LeinENbach, but close enough to be an odd coincidence in my book. Google "The Leinbach Line"

That is kinda crazy! This is typical of me, though. Start thinking about stuff 25 years after people decided to scrap them. You guys are right, they are out there- I guess patience is a virtue that I’m lacking on

I'd like to have a 2CK-FTC200 disc plow, mainly just to have one.

Hehe, I've thought about that myself. Kind of like that flicker bar mower. No intent to use it, but just to have people scratch their heads.

21 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

Anyone have a decent method/source of finding them? 

Are you looking for anything in particular?

16 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

Are you looking for anything in particular?

Anything behind a 856. My wife is p*ssed I bought another tractor and I am desperately in search of anything to put behind it. No single bottom trip plows lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

Anything behind a 856. My wife is p*ssed I bought another tractor and I am desperately in search of anything to put behind it. No single bottom trip plows lol

for an 856, get a 4 or 5 bottom semimount 540 or 550 or 700 plow and a pair of FH adapters. problem solved.  a FH sicklebar on an 856 would look silly anyway.

8 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I'd like to have a 2CK-FTC200 disc plow, mainly just to have one.

Don't know the exact model number but we have a 2 bottom disc plow for behind the Super C we have.

20 hours ago, Ihcubguy said:

Don't know the exact model number but we have a 2 bottom disc plow for behind the Super C we have.

That could be the one.  W/ my limited knowledge I don't know if other models were made for SC's.

The most popular disc plow would have been the 2CK-FTC200, or C-200 for short. for the small point fast hitch tractors (Super C, 200, and 230) or 34-F300 (NO. 300), which was a 3 blade or 34-F400 (NO.400) which was a 4 blade for the Farmall 300 and 400 tractors with large point fast hitch prongs.  They also made a 3 blade  model for use with the 340 utility tractors.  Anymore the easiest to find may be the C-200 but be prepared to find one missing parts including the gauge wheel or at least the rim for the gauge wheel tire.   For the small point tractors they also made a 2CK-FTC14 (2C-F14D) that was a 4 blade disc plow with curved disks.  It was so heavy one would need massive weights on the front of those small tractors with the C-123 engines.  They are out there;  one just needs to search many places and be patient.  Most will have massive corrosion issues on all parts but still easily restorable.  

P1010005 (4).JPG

P1010035 cropped.jpg

• Thanks 1

Fast hitch for 856 vintage and size is a little more challenging. Popularity had faded by time of the 56 series so not much fast hitch stuff sold.

2 hours ago, WESnIL said:

The most popular disc plow would have been the 2CK-FTC200, or C-200 for short. for the small point fast hitch tractors (Super C, 200, and 230) or 34-F300 (NO. 300), which was a 3 blade or 34-F400 (NO.400) which was a 4 blade for the Farmall 300 and 400 tractors with large point fast hitch prongs.  They also made a 3 blade  model for use with the 340 utility tractors.  Anymore the easiest to find may be the C-200 but be prepared to find one missing parts including the gauge wheel or at least the rim for the gauge wheel tire.   For the small point tractors they also made a 2CK-FTC14 (2C-F14D) that was a 4 blade disc plow with curved disks.  It was so heavy one would need massive weights on the front of those small tractors with the C-123 engines.  They are out there;  one just needs to search many places and be patient.  Most will have massive corrosion issues on all parts but still easily restorable.  

P1010005 (4).JPG

This is the one we have.  The gauge wheel is missing as is the bracket.  It does have the park stand or kick stand if you want to call it that with it.  That one there is beautiful!  Hope ours looks that good when we get it done.

14 hours ago, WESnIL said:

P1010005 (4).JPG

P1010035 cropped.jpg

Is the C-200 in the photo above the one I've seen at Rantoul?

Yes it is.  If plans do not change it will be at Penfield this year.

I have seen several on purplewave auction.  One that really caught my eye was a 6' rotary mower with fast hitch.

That plow is to pretty to use, I have been looking for a 3-point 3 disk plow for years to actually plow with!

Find a fast hitch rotary hoe and use it to aerate the lawn. "See, honey I have a use for the 856!"

Used to be a guy, maybe he's still there, at the intersection of US-136 & US-24 (south jog of 136) west of Havana, IL that sometimes would have FH implements for sale.  Can't remember his name.  I got his card somewhere.  What I've seen there was always in pretty good shape too and not junk.