brt66

hi-ranger 1986 6ehv-65pbi

:) I have an 1986 hi-ranger 6ehv-65pbi with slow pilot control an none in the cold. this upper control has external plastic lines, pilot pressure of 800 @ the reducing valve test port, cleaned the inlet screen at the control and 6 orphises in the manifold. running atf fluid, also have 225 psi @ slave cylinders w/o a upper function control. This seems to be to high psi  of return.  Lower controls work fine. Cleaned ck valve return at top of turret an blew line into tank.

Thank you for your time.

Where are these slave cylinders? Have worked on an 1991 6H-65PBI and also a 1999 6H- DHL 65PBI. The only thing like a slave cylinder is the pilot actuators built into the lower control valve body.

Goodmornin  Chip man ,

yes ur right the slaves r on the lower valve. I Backed off the pilot pressure and then ran the pilot pressure line at the upper control into the return to run the base to c if any of the slaves were getting lower valve body pressure of 1200 psi but i got no atf in them . 

Thank you for ur time.

Good morning Chip Man,

Have u ever tinkered with the upper control ? I believe my problem lies in the upper control possibly being a significant   pressure in the pilot 225 psi when no function in the upper. The flow may being restricted back to the return in the spool assemblies ?

Thank you for ur time.

No, I have not "messed" with an upper control. Have done the re & re a few times and have read the test and adjust procedures in the manual a few times. It is complicated enough for me to send it out rather than try to talk the boss into buying all the equipment to do the job. I think it was after two times the first one was worked on we replaced it with new. That was about 12 years ago and it has just started to have an intermittent malfunction. The operator believes it is a control problem but I think that it may be the return hose is getting pinched.