Brought 1450lbs wheel weights today, took pictures of old tractors!

redturbo

23 minutes ago, D1206 said:

Almost looks like some sort of aftermarket cab on the Versy. Never saw one with a right hand door

Looks like a D-145 with a can I’ve never seen before.

quite the collection for some reason I see myself like that in 40 yrs, I see he's got the ideal truck and trailer with a winch and everything to bring the dead ones home, nice to see there not goin from scrap anyways, I could spend some time walking around there myself

Has single axle semi with a tri axle goose neck trailer.  Saw the winch apart in sheds that he showed me.  The good stuff as he called was inside.  I didn’t go buildings after he left,  felt awkward being by myself taking pictures outside in the open.  Had feeling just likes old tractors,  tinkering with them,  sell the odd part or tractor to help people out.  Asked if advertises,  nope just reads want ads & calls people up.  Not sure if weights where a good price?  I tried tractor wreckers in AB & SK.  All the guys doing old tractor pulls brought them up years ago.

2 hours ago, redturbo said:

MB,  I would guess maybe couple dozen run.  Good thing his yard is 2 provinces away.  

Where abouts? I feel like I should know where that is but can't place it. There was a 1466 just like that advertised the other day here on kijiji I think. Reasonable too

2 hours ago, redturbo said:

MB,  I would guess maybe couple dozen run.  Good thing his yard is 2 provinces away.  

Where abouts? I feel like I should know where that is but can't place it. There was a 1466 just like that advertised the other day here on kijiji I think. Reasonable too

Beautiful pictures if you don't need to be out in it .

For a California boy I am amazed at the snow & Ice . My first thought and maybe a dumb question but I'll ask anyway . Would a guy just drain all water from those engines or would he keep them full of Antifreeze?

I know the older non runners would be drained but many of the later models look like decent runners I would think they are full of Antifreeze . But I have no experience with that much equipment in that much cold.

Tony 

5 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Beautiful pictures if you don't need to be out in it .

For a California boy I am amazed at the snow & Ice . My first thought and maybe a dumb question but I'll ask anyway . Would a guy just drain all water from those engines or would he keep them full of Antifreeze?

I know the older non runners would be drained but many of the later models look like decent runners I would think they are full of Antifreeze . But I have no experience with that much equipment in that much cold.

Tony 

Usually kept full of antifreeze Tony, around here at least. Most likely the non runners too. Nobody drains them much that im aware of. Again thats whats common around here. Other areas may differ a bit i suppose

32 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Usually kept full of antifreeze Tony, around here at least. Most likely the non runners too. Nobody drains them much that im aware of. Again thats whats common around here. Other areas may differ a bit i suppose

Same here in Wisconsin too. Antifreeze costs too much to drain and risk spilling. As long as there's a strong enough concentration it stays in.

10 hours ago, redturbo said:

Has single axle semi with a tri axle goose neck trailer.  Saw the winch apart in sheds that he showed me.  The good stuff as he called was inside.  I didn’t go buildings after he left,  felt awkward being by myself taking pictures outside in the open.  Had feeling just likes old tractors,  tinkering with them,  sell the odd part or tractor to help people out.  Asked if advertises,  nope just reads want ads & calls people up.  Not sure if weights where a good price?  I tried tractor wreckers in AB & SK.  All the guys doing old tractor pulls brought them up years ago.

Weights are normally about $1/ pound at a sale, at least in this area.

Sounds like you did all right.

Mike

Tony & John,  it all depends where you grow up.  I had to covert C to F,  any day above 70F is hot enough for me.  I couldn’t image being 100F for much time.  Was at rpru 2012,  that heat just about killed me.  There is no doubt it’s cold,  just part of our life.  Don’t know any better.  

Out west,  we get pretty wild temperatures swings.  -40F to 100F,  not in one day thou.  I seen days where hotter than Texas.  Then days feels colder than Siberia.  Lady engineer I got to know @ Detroit Diesel told me  we have one worst climates because temp swings.  Have few head gasket failures on there MBE cause of it.  They track failures,  we have most head gaskets issues.  

Not sure what he was doing for antifreeze,  I know my junk pile of dozen tractors at home our empty.  Drained the coolant out & took to work,  drained into holding tank for disposal.  The H my Dad got from Iowa had water in it.  It looked green,  but strength wasn’t very good.  

1 hour ago, redturbo said:

Tony & John,  it all depends where you grow up.  I had to covert C to F,  any day above 70F is hot enough for me.  I couldn’t image being 100F for much time.  Was at rpru 2012,  that heat just about killed me.  There is no doubt it’s cold,  just part of our life.  Don’t know any better.  

Out west,  we get pretty wild temperatures swings.  -40F to 100F,  not in one day thou.  I seen days where hotter than Texas.  Then days feels colder than Siberia.  Lady engineer I got to know @ Detroit Diesel told me  we have one worst climates because temp swings.  Have few head gasket failures on there MBE cause of it.  They track failures,  we have most head gaskets issues.  

Not sure what he was doing for antifreeze,  I know my junk pile of dozen tractors at home our empty.  Drained the coolant out & took to work,  drained into holding tank for disposal.  The H my Dad got from Iowa had water in it.  It looked green,  but strength wasn’t very good.  

Very Interesting ,Thanks for sharing.

OH by the way I agree with you anything over 70 is hot enough but like you said it becomes part of our lives and don't know any better.

Thanks for the information.

Tony

3 hours ago, mikem said:

Weights are normally about $1/ pound at a sale, at least in this area.

Sounds like you did all right.

Mike

agree big time. good find!

Interesting to see a Cockshutt 40 with Perkins diesel in one photo. We used to have a wrecker just half an hour away. Just a farmer who did it as a sideline business. What a great place for a kid to wander around with all makes of tractors in various states of dissaembly. I remember a huge pile of cast. Engine blocks, final drive, transmission casings. Wish I'd had a camera in those days. Its all history now. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, redturbo said:

I know most guys will think he tractor jockey.  I still don’t get jockey?  A jockey rides a horse.  Confused.  Anyways he retired from being a fertilizer  dealer.  Said gives something to do.  He help guy get 4 AC from Alberta to Wisconsin.  I never 4 Allis tractors in my life!  Seen pictures of them,  know some models.  Yes 1 tractor in photo is a Versatile.

D7FBD382-CEEC-498E-9AA4-6C6B498C3E81.jpeg

So that AC is gone or does he have it for sale?

I know most guys will think he tractor jockey.  I still don’t get jockey?  A jockey rides a horse.  Confused.  Anyways he retired from being a fertilizer  dealer.  Said gives something to do.  He help guy get 4 AC from Alberta to Wisconsin.  I never 4 Allis tractors in my life!  Seen pictures of them,  know some models.  Yes 1 tractor in photo is a Versatile.

Far as I know its sold to someone in WI.  It came out of Central Alberta.  Sounds like the guy is helping getting them across the line.  Seller in Alberta had 4 AC tractors,  this one of them.  Buyer in WI took all 4 of them.  Not sure what the other 3 are,  2 are already gone south. 

Just now, ACFarmer said:

Sorry for the multiple posts, my computer had a brain freeze it seems.

&^%$*&%^*(& hackers !!

thought it was just mine,very constipated today, sent multiple email and (not) some important ones with time limit,

then you look stupid for replying 4x,,or also did not send,so no record of proof.

Archived