Brought 1450lbs wheel weights today, took pictures of old tractors!

redturbo

The 766 my Dad brought to snow plow,  blow snow had fluid only.  I noticed 1 is just about to leak onto the floor of my shop.  There is roughly 900lbs of fluid in each tire.  Found this retired gentleman selling them on yester year classified.  I don’t it spin out in field while moving snow.  Picked up this truck load for $750 US dollars.

7E06CCF6-75E0-4336-80D8-C5D200533624.jpeg

I know most guys will think he tractor jockey.  I still don’t get jockey?  A jockey rides a horse.  Confused.  Anyways he retired from being a fertilizer  dealer.  Said gives something to do.  He help guy get 4 AC from Alberta to Wisconsin.  I never 4 Allis tractors in my life!  Seen pictures of them,  know some models.  Yes 1 tractor in photo is a Versatile.

D7FBD382-CEEC-498E-9AA4-6C6B498C3E81.jpeg

3 minutes ago, redturbo said:

I know most guys will think he tractor jockey.  I still don’t get jockey?  A jockey rides a horse.  Confused.  Anyways he retired from being a fertilizer  dealer.  Said gives something to do.  He help guy get 4 AC from Alberta to Wisconsin.  I never 4 Allis tractors in my life!  Seen pictures of them,  now some models.  Yes 1 tractor in photo is a Versatile.

D7FBD382-CEEC-498E-9AA4-6C6B498C3E81.jpeg

What is the story on The versatile 

10 minutes ago, MarkG said:

What is that tank bolted to lower right side?

I’m assuming your talking about the red & white 1466?? It’s a belly tank.  Never seen 1 in person till today.

Sorry Dale,  didn’t ask.  He said when I got out truck,  glad your not an old guy like me.  He said you have load the weights,  I laugh.  No problem sir.  Paid cash,  asked if could take pictures.  Said sure can,  but I’m going home.  

Almost looks like some sort of aftermarket cab on the Versy. Never saw one with a right hand door

Holy crap that's a lot of tractors looks like most are of the wheatland variety type also looks very cold brrrrrrr we just got rid of our snow drifts this weekend 

Row crop farming isn’t really done in the west.  Not enough rain,  not enough heat days,  lucky if got 6” of dirt.  The rest is clay underneath.  So hence standard model tractors with implement towed off the draw bar.  

Archived