Sign in to follow this  
756puller

1086pto linkage problem

Rebuilt a dual speed PTO a few weeks ago for a customer. Got pressure adjusted and kicked it outside. Customer called and said the PTO handle moves to easy and will vibrate into on position driving down the road.i checked for the spring under the transmission shift controls and it was there. I can't see anything that would make the PTO lever be so soft. Any idea what I could be missing?

756Puller

If I remember correctly the operating linkage should be adjusted to allow the lever to go over center when the linkage is operated.  I will have to check the service manual to see what the exact adjustment is.   Maybe someone else will be able to tell you from memory,  if they don't I'll look it up tomorrow and get back to you.

Fred

Did you add any shims and forget to put the spring in on the  top under the guide???

The linkage does go over center to lock it it.   I did not add any shim. I know the spring is inthere. Maybe that spring is weak?

What way does #31 in the parts break sit? Think I might have it on top of the spring. 

19 hours ago, 756puller said:

What way does #31 in the parts break sit? Think I might have it on top of the spring. 

The seat #31 would sit below the spring #28. That is prolly your issue if the spring is going inside the guide, the linkage will move too easy.

23 hours ago, 756puller said:

The open side faces downward. This cross section shows what you need to know.

IPTO Dual Speed Control Spool Illustration.JPG