Sign in to follow this  
Atilathehun99

President George H.W. Bush

RIP and thank you President Bush for your life long love and service to our Great Country.  I never voted for the man but always admired and respected him for his Patriotism, class, and integrity.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

always admired and respected him for his Patriotism, class, and integrity. 

Certainly uncommon qualities in D.C. these days.  RIP Mr Bush

First president i have any memories of being in office. I was 4 when Reagan left the White House. Rest in Peace President Bush.

• Thanks 1

Rip

"Read my lips, no new taxes" he took a lot of flack for that statement , and for not getting Saddam when he had the chance. He was a good family man and patriot.

2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

RIP and thank you President Bush for your life long love and service to our Great Country.  I never voted for the man but always admired and respected him for his Patriotism, class, and integrity.

I agree and I did vote for him every time!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Didnt always agree with his politics but always respected him more than most. A good man. Rip.

• Like 1

now if Obama and Bill would lie down and do the same thing look at all the money it would save the USA from taking care of them.

He was my Commander in Chief when serving in the Gulf War. He and the people he had in charge led the most decisive victory in a war ever. We had all the right tools and the right plan of attack.  I will always admire and respect the man for that. Politics aside...if we could find statesmen like this to put in office from either side of the aisle again the world would be a better place.

RIP Mr President.

• Like 2

I Always liked  and respected Mr Bush. Rip.

I always thought him a good president and I am of the opinion his wisdom was  greater than we realised at the time.

• Like 2

RIP.  The last "master of foreign policy" to occupy the White House.

I guess the one statement that I remember and one that I do not care for, especially in today's climate of globalism was something like " we are experiencing a new world order".   His family definitely does like President Trump, his sniffling son Jeb, especially.  I do think he was an honorable man but misguided on globalism.   His family including  W. seem to be of the same cloth as obama when it comes to America First.   You can not take away his being in charge of the success of the first Gulf war!  Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

he was a great president, and a good man. 

12 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

First president i have any memories of being in office. I was 4 when Reagan left the White House. Rest in Peace President Bush.

We're the same age, apparently.

I was thinking the same thing. President Bush was special to me because he was the first president I knew of, and four years was FOREVER when I was little. Ever President since then has seemed somehow like a follower. IDK how to articulate it, really, but he was a special president to me, long before I was capable of having an opinion on politics or policy.

8 hours ago, KWRB said:

We're the same age, apparently.

I was thinking the same thing. President Bush was special to me because he was the first president I knew of, and four years was FOREVER when I was little. Ever President since then has seemed somehow like a follower. IDK how to articulate it, really, but he was a special president to me, long before I was capable of having an opinion on politics or policy.

34 years old. 

Funny now, 4 years feels like yesterday now. Sign of old age i guess 

Here is a news report from the Swiss National Broadcaster (Schweizer Fernsehen SF DRS) from the 1992 when the President had a claps at a meeting

First President that I  voted for in an election.  I was proud to cast that vote. Still proud of that man today. Peace and blessings for comfort to his family. 

Found this photo this morning.   Animals are the best, their loyalty and devotion is unsurpassed. 

Screenshot_20181203-100606_Briefing.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1