Has anyone ever worked with a round baler like this?

U-C

I found a pic of a Hawk bilt Round baler online and also a video and was wondering if anyone had any expierence with one of them? Or even the Hesston or Lundell Ground Rolling balers.

Hawk Bilt, featured in Issue #40 of Heritage Iron. (Successful Farming, February 1975) #HeritageIron #MuscleTractor

Dad had a large Hawkbilt manure spreader like pictured in the corner of your add. Didnt know they made a baler. We pulled the big spreader behind the allis d21 usually but a few times behind the jd 4020 we had till dad traded it.

I have never seen a round baler like that. Looks a little bit fragile to me.

A new one was a mile from us back in 70s, saw it baling a couple times. Remember the owner telling about getting in a place where he could not get out of cause he couldn't turn and couldn't back up. His had a 540 PTO hyd pump drive similar to the ones on 400 cyclos, but was much bigger.

They don't make them anymore, and I know where a couple are sitting in the trees.   Nuff said.

If I remember correctly they actually used the ground as the table to roll the bale. Bales were really loose if I remember also.

My dad rented one in the eighties.  We only made a couple of bales and gave up.  The poorest round bales I have ever seen. They were very loose, like a pile of loose hay with twine on.

3 hours ago, jmwi said:

My dad rented one in the eighties.  We only made a couple of bales and gave up.  The poorest round bales I have ever seen. They were very loose, like a pile of loose hay with twine on.

Almost like a miniature  Hesston’s Stacker? Or stackhand or whatever they called it. Looked like a giant loaf of bread.

Dad had 2 of the Hawk-Bilt spreaders, they had tandem axels.  Also had 3 new Hollands and 1 of them had a Hawk-bilt owners manual as they were the same spreader. Seems like hawk-bilt was also rebadged as a John deere.

22 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

Almost like a miniature  Hesston’s Stacker? Or stackhand or whatever they called it. Looked like a giant loaf of bread.

I think that a Hesston stack was tighter than those bales.  They were just a loose rolled mess.

Archived