Windbreaker Comfort Cover

junkman78

well with my siblings moving back home or buying houses out in the country I am the only one with a tractor.  After last weekends blow I was pretty darn cold after a few hours on my 806.  Seems no one makes a direct fit for a 806 any more.  The one FEMCO has is for one with the clam shell fenders.  I have the flat tops.  Would anyone one lying around they would like to part with?  Burch make a universal fit for a 806 I asked to see pictures of how it fit and they have nothing.  Thank you folks. 

3 hours ago, junkman78 said:

well with my siblings moving back home or buying houses out in the country I am the only one with a tractor.  After last weekends blow I was pretty darn cold after a few hours on my 806.  Seems no one makes a direct fit for a 806 any more.  The one FEMCO has is for one with the clam shell fenders.  I have the flat tops.  Would anyone one lying around they would like to part with?  Burch make a universal fit for a 806 I asked to see pictures of how it fit and they have nothing.  Thank you folks. 

If i remember the clam shell had a lower cut door. I do remember it had a stand that bolted to the platform to hold the door closed. The flat top fender ones had a latch that bolted to the top of the fender and the door was not cut nearly as low.

I would love to find a windbreaker for my F 806 with clamshells also but i think they are few and far between

4 hours ago, junkman78 said:

Get from Femco one for  756, 856, 826, etc .   http://www.femcomfg.com/index.php/products/weather-protection  Number  307021429 . They are for flat fenders. It will work on your 806. You may have to use  a piece of flat bar stock and drill some  holes in it to make an extension to bolt to the deck plate of tractor for it to fit perfectly as 06 deck is not quite as wide as 56 & 26 series.

Also here    https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/heater-cab-kit-red-vinyl-international-756-826-856-1026-1256-1456-123046.html

1 hour ago, hagan said:

If i remember the clam shell had a lower cut door. I do remember it had a stand that bolted to the platform to hold the door closed. The flat top fender ones had a latch that bolted to the top of the fender and the door was not cut nearly as low.

I would love to find a windbreaker for my F 806 with clamshells also but i think they are few and far between

Femco shows them for 06 tractors with clamshell fenders. number  307021331

http://www.femcomfg.com/index.php/products/weather-protection

Also get then from here ....

https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/heater-cab-kit-red-vinyl-international-706-806-1206-123044.html

This is a little bit off the planned topic, but I remember when I was in my early to middle teens (very long ago), and we had an H.  Our farm was at the end of a valley where it began to narrow, but the valley ran about 7 or 8 miles to the NW.  The wind would come through that valley and when t reached our farm where it narrowed, it would pick up speed..  On a bitter cold windy day that was the coldest spot for many miles.  One day Dad came in with a windbreaker for the H.  I don't know where he got it, it was not new, but in like new condition.  It included the flaps that went beside the engine to the radiator housing.  Dad had an old heavy duty umbrella of some kind that had a double arm on it, and when we put it on it would set down right on top of the windows for the windbreak, so the only opening was the rear.  I thought I was in hog heaven.  The man that bought the 2 of them at our farm sale 25 years ago gave them back to me last year, but they were too badly deteriorated and too many parts missing to refurbish.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:21 AM, IHCfarmer said:

I put the femco one on my 806! It works great I don’t know what the problem was with the clamshell fenders

do you happen to have the part number of what you used?  

On 11/27/2018 at 11:34 AM, 7and8and1456 said:

Get from Femco one for  756, 856, 826, etc .   http://www.femcomfg.com/index.php/products/weather-protection  Number  307021429 . They are for flat fenders. It will work on your 806. You may have to use  a piece of flat bar stock and drill some  holes in it to make an extension to bolt to the deck plate of tractor for it to fit perfectly as 06 deck is not quite as wide as 56 & 26 series.

Also here    https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/heater-cab-kit-red-vinyl-international-756-826-856-1026-1256-1456-123046.html

Do you happen to have any pictures to confirm this?

8 minutes ago, Cool1566 said:

It would be nice if someone would offer reproductions of the originals. C4B11AC9-F7FC-45D0-A6CD-DB0931C9B810.thumb.jpeg.5c5b9d3d3a6a76ad8226187ceae9fdf1.jpeg

Nice I like the looks of it. Good looking tractor there

6 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

It would be nice if someone would offer reproductions of the originals. C4B11AC9-F7FC-45D0-A6CD-DB0931C9B810.thumb.jpeg.5c5b9d3d3a6a76ad8226187ceae9fdf1.jpeg

I have an original IH Windbreaker that is used on 756, bought it many years ago. Later,  I wanted one for 856, but no longer available from Case IH. I bought a Femco. It is identical to the IH original except for the name painted on the fabric. The instruction sheet that came with the Femco was a direct copy of the sheet with the IH. No doubt in my mind that Femco ( or same company with another name at the time) made them for IH. Just like IH had some companies to build cabs for the tractors when cabs started being available.

Well, here we go, since this topic came up I just as well admit I piddlefarted around and couldn't decide which comfort cover to get so never got one. It would have been really nice to have today and since I do this on my 966 with cab just to keep heat in the motor and fuel filters when it gets below 0. Nobody local will see me and I know you guys won't tell?!? It really worked pretty good at directing engine heat back to me, a lot better than nothin' at all. I may not have all the bulbs lit on my Christmas tree but I hope you will get a kick out of this and laugh with me and not at me. Cows are fed, I'm back in the house, time for a hot toddy!

IMG_20181202_104836679_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181202_104918284_HDR.jpg

Archived