Heavy snow 🙁

dumbfarmer

Looks like you have the fronts on the 1066 chained up.  For steering on ice?

59 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

I can't believe that missed us! Just missed us, the radar showed it on the south side of I-80.

Looked the radar once and looked like was juuuust south of me. Figured we might get a lil before it was over. Im just as happy we didnt! 

My view coming from feeding cows in the 966 that was in the first picture. It’s pure mud underneath out in the fields. It doesn’t have chains those are just some lug type tires 11.00-20. They roll nice in the mud. This tractor has a 466 turbo in it hence the odd hood pieces. It’s been around since about 1985. I drove it home about 2 hrs away at the ripe age of 14. Dad led me hrough Oskaloosa Iowa. man was I nervous!

AE46E134-F481-4E6D-AB7B-260DC82A3DEF.jpeg

Came to 11 worth Kansas,for thanksgiving was blessed with first blizzard 🥶 in seven years according to the news.  Going to dart back Ohio in a break between storms.

We recieved 7.5in of wet snow in a blizzard.  Earliest blizzard we have ever had.   Hundreds of acres of corn and soybeans still out.  None mine!  They look a little rough today.  We are close to the record for the amount of snowfall in November.  Had the earliest measurable snowfall in 30 years. Lots of power outages.  We were out 12 hours.  Loved hearing the generator fire up!   

21 hours ago, dumbfarmer said:

Didn’t start here until 7:30 Sunday morning but wow did it snow until 2:00 in the afternoon wet heavy stuff 

B1ECEA0C-D33D-46C1-A048-7A122B5134FF.jpeg

0B0CF569-46B0-48DC-8DED-BADF23CBE84A.jpeg

Is that a bale unroller there on your 3pt? Never seen one quite like that.

16 inches of snow will the beans stand up? still some beans out around here central wis, snow has melted guys were just taking them no matter the moisture, I don't think there has been a decent day since the end of September around here.

54 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Is that a bale unroller there on your 3pt? Never seen one quite like that.

Yes it is. Made by a local man who invented it in the early 1970’s. Pamco made them later. It’s been welded on a few times but it was made for bales when they weighed 1200 lbs max

26 minutes ago, dumbfarmer said:

Yes it is. Made by a local man who invented it in the early 1970’s. Pamco made them later. It’s been welded on a few times but it was made for bales when they weighed 1200 lbs max

I assume it will lift high enough to put in a bale ring if so desired. I try to keep my bales around 1300# or less, just don't have the equipment to handle the heavy ones that the balers of today are capable of making.

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

I assume it will lift high enough to put in a bale ring if so desired. I try to keep my bales around 1300# or less, just don't have the equipment to handle the heavy ones that the balers of today are capable of making.

Wow, that snow looks cold! We missed it up here in NE IOWA. We have that same pamco bale unroller ,we used it many years. Yes it will pull round bales down stacked on end 3 high, 11-12ft high. They work slick.

Archived