cffarms

IH TD7E Crawler SN Location

Just bought a IH TD7E Crawler that has the SN plate on the left side of front seat that is so worn out that it cannot be read.  I have been told that it is also stamped on the upper right hand side near the rear face of rear main frame but I cannot locate that area.  Can someone give me some help of where that location is?

1 hour ago, cffarms said:

Just bought a IH TD7E Crawler that has the SN plate on the left side of front seat that is so worn out that it cannot be read.  I have been told that it is also stamped on the upper right hand side near the rear face of rear main frame but I cannot locate that area.  Can someone give me some help of where that location is?

Maybe someone who has this manual could look it up and help you out:  https://www.jensales.com/products/IHC-TD-7E-Service-Manual-IH-S-TD7C_p_76376

Vic

A little late so hope you found it. On my TD7G the serial number is also stamped on the right hand side wall of the rear main frame just behind the right hand final drive. Most  chassis stuff on my Dresser G is the same as on the IH E.

gg

Parts can be tough. A Komatsu dealer should have under carriage parts and maybe some other stuff so I always start there if I am looking for new.  You might find help by asking right here. Or if you can find a dealer who used to sell Dresser's they might help. Some times the only way is to rebuild  or modify. What kind of parts do you have in mind ?

gg

The one part I am having the toughest time with is 621 550 C2, which is the front crossbar.  I have checked quite a few places and have not had ,much luck.

That is the same cross bar used on a TD7G all serial numbers if that helps widen your search. I would start a thread here looking for that part. You never know.  It will be a salvage part or a welder fabricator job I would think.

gg

cffarms

Try this web site ,I found 4 of them. I use this site to find parts for my Dresser Td7E. It searches the country and list who has the parts and how many they have. I have had good luck finding parts except radiator hoses . https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/construction-equipment/search?PartNum=621+550+C2%2C&pst=exact&btnPartSearch=Search

Glenn