Sign in to follow this  
mr. IH

1974 100 pickup

I like. I don't think we had these here in Oz. We had Scouts but not these. They are growing on me I've got to say.

Nice pickup. Interesting it has 800 chrome rims on the front and scout II rims on the back.

That is a custom re-hacked pickup.  Dead giveaway is the lowered stance.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 6 ltr Chevy under the hood.

• Sad 1

Hate to break your bubble,but I bought this truck new in Feb 1974. This is all original. Those are scout aristocrat wheels. It has a AMC 401 from factory and lower stance. There was not another truck that could out run this pickup..6ltr Chevy would have only slowed her down. 65,720 miles.

• Like 4

Interesting that IH had a 2 bbl intake on those trucks. With a 4bbl and a hotter cam I'll bet she would fly!

I knew the fronts have Aristocrat wheels but the rears look like they have the ridge around the center like the scout II ralleys. It might just be the angle. Beautiful truck!!

Beautiful.  I am a binder owner as well. Mine is all original, but has the 241 straight 6 with a 4 speed manual. Your truck, with that big v8 would be a fun truck to drive. Very nice.

81D54E45-4B96-4285-B559-563699B42532.thumb.jpeg.cb1abda43f4da2e65d2633f919eb5f10.jpeg

• Like 3

wow, that looks like the truck my grandpa had and I learn to drive on. He had a heavy 3/4 ton with 289 (I think) V/8. It could climb a tree.         your truck is very good shape for its age. This is a pic of my daughter 31 years ago. the other is the 401. I put that air cleaner on from a 74 amc Matador cop car. And yes it is fun to drive and turns more heads every year.

IMG_2690 (1).JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, mr. IH said:

Hate to break your bubble,but I bought this truck new in Feb 1974. This is all original. Those are scout aristocrat wheels. It has a AMC 401 from factory and lower stance. There was not another truck that could out run this pickup..6ltr Chevy would have only slowed her down. 65,720 miles.

give thanks

That truck is so nice. I've played with the idea of building something around a 401. Just a neat engine.

Looks great! I sort of wish I could have one too.  Auto or manual? 

That is a gorgeous 74.

mine is 8 years older being a 66 

rebuilt 345 one upgrade on cam .  392 intake with four barrel edellbrock carb ,four speed.

got to keep these I H ‘s show worthy , Get tired of all chevys and Fords

tony

557192F0-E4FA-4668-B4B3-894FEE39380B.jpeg

3EA046C8-D772-43F5-98C4-25DB97734A3E.jpeg

C7ECB02F-9092-4F35-A82B-5ECBF51873A0.jpeg

• Like 2