Friend text me this picture yesterday afternoon. Stated this, Coworker yesterday. And I'm not surprised. From what he tells me his coworkers are lazy and careless.

And surprisingly enough, no damage.

6810.jpg

• Haha 1

That’s a lot a weight behind a green thing! They must have brakes on the spreader. The tires on the spreader are on backwards!

looks more like driver error than anything going to fast down a hill and not paying attention

What does that thing weigh full?   That is the largest one I have seen, course nothing like that is used around here.

9 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

The tires on the spreader are on backwards!

Maybe it's got power assist, to help that green thing up hills?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

The tires on the spreader are on backwards!

Not surprised. Anything goes at this place. Not long ago they put a new engine in one of their 4WD. John Deere told them X amount of hours, change the oil, and go on. My buddy was running it when the time came to change it. His boss told him to check it to be sure it was full and keep going.😏

4 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

looks more like driver error than anything going to fast down a hill and not paying attention

I didn't get any explanation but chances are pretty good your right. My buddy is a great guy/friend. He can drive almost anything of mine anytime. Their are a few exceptions, but a few I won't let anyone else drive. But his coworkers, no way.

4 hours ago, red211 said:

What does that thing weigh full?   That is the largest one I have seen, course nothing like that is used around here.

I'm pretty sure it's a 9500 gallon tank. So let's just say it's HEAVY😀!

Looks like a little white stuff there, only a tiny bit of slick and out of control. The weight of those tanks is unbelievable. Driving those is not a job for someone who is not an excellent machine operator. 

• Like 2

I agree with the snow being a huge factor in the loss of control especially with a bend-in-the-middle up front. Although it doesn't take much lack of skill to proliferate this kind of event. This is a pic of the one that was rolled 18 months ago around here. Word was a drunk run him off the road. Person who (supossedly) ran him off was never found........

Screenshot_2017-06-13-23-29-56.png

Yep thats a 9500 houle and too much tank for that tractor! We used to run 7000's and those were much more manageable. You would still have guys wad those up into a ball but not near as much as a bigger tank. Balzer makes some huge ones on tracks that have theyre own hitch dolly because no tractor made can bare the tounge weight.

Aloud of manure applicators around here won't run at sites where they have to go on the snow packed roads. Even for a good operator that's a lot of weight on slick roads.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:21 AM, red211 said:

Those things are heavy enough they are perfect for wrecking the roads like the idiots around here think they need to do.  Frost laws don't apply to them since it's farm related. Do a real good job of pushing the edges of the roads down and the base underneath out the side so that it'll hold more water against the berms they make. Now if they were only smart enough to run the tires on the berms instead...

6 minutes ago, RBootsMI said:

Those things are heavy enough they are perfect for wrecking the roads like the idiots around here think they need to do.  Frost laws don't apply to them since it's farm related. Do a real good job of pushing the edges of the roads down and the base underneath out the side so that it'll hold more water against the berms they make. Now if they were only smart enough to run the tires on the berms instead...

That's funny, any time I haul up a gravel drive I drive the edges trying to push them back down.  Owners never do, if it's wet a loaded dump truck will help at 74,000#.

lot of controversy in wis. over those big tanks. 7300 with tractor can weigh up to 130k . 80 is the limit around here. neighbor was upset over the 7 tanks hauling the other day. they are supposed to pull over at intersection and allow full one thru, or go to one way hauling .

A Houle 9500 with a Magnum 305 pulling it is 150,000 loaded.  For what its worth, a Houle 9500 with 4 axles has less weight per axle than a 6000 with 2 axles.  The 10500s might be different.