redneckchevy9

Salter Farms Antique IH Auction

Looks like a lot of good stuff

Www.spencerauctiongroup.com

20181112_115557.jpg

That could get real expensive fast if I went to that auction. I‚Äôm gonna stay right where I am and preserve my marriage a little longer. ūü§®

help me understand: FACTORY TA DELETE    I saw this on some of the tractors on sale bill and was wondering what it meant. Thanks. Pembroke

5 minutes ago, littlered166 said:

help me understand: FACTORY TA DELETE    I saw this on some of the tractors on sale bill and was wondering what it meant. Thanks. Pembroke

Came from factory with no TA, popular on tractors sold in the south

Tony buys the interesting ones for sure. He has put some serious money internally in several of them that I know about. He wants them to be right inside before they get painted up. 

Should be a good sale.

If it wasnt so far out there AND if I was done picking corn I would really enjoy watching that sale.

Went to the sale today. Really thought the tractors were off the pace for sure. My favorite, the 1466 brought 17,500, it was original and nice. 

1468 28,250

3488 41,500

1586 9100

Hydro 100 15,000

1206 MFWD 66 cab 12,500

Left my list in the shop, trying to remember off the top of my head, so these could be off by 250ish. I honestly was a little disappointed in the whole ordeal.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Went to the sale toda

Mmmmmmm, just looking at that brochure on here, header on here sez "Antique", but looked like a lotta modern stuff to me.

best, randy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Went to the sale today. Really thought the tractors were off the pace for sure. My favorite, the 1466 brought 17,500, it was original and nice. 

1468 28,250

3488 41,500

1586 9100

Hydro 100 15,000

1206 MFWD 66 cab 12,500

Left my list in the shop, trying to remember off the top of my head, so these could be off by 250ish. I honestly was a little disappointed in the whole ordeal.

thanks for the update!

Dang!  I wish I would have been there.  Picked corn till about. Oon when the snow started.

16 minutes ago, Randy Sohn said:

Mmmmmmm, just looking at that brochure on here, header on here sez "Antique", but looked like a lotta modern stuff to me.

best, randy

You're showing your age Randy. This stuff is 35 - 45 years old, far from modern.

2 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

1468 28,250

3488 41,500

1586 9100

Hydro 100 15,000

1206 MFWD 66 cab 12,500

do you think it had to do with the fact that some of them had unknown hours?

or the fact it was a bankruptcy auction crocked seller crocked auctioneer and buyers premium might played a part in it

31 minutes ago, turbo10 said:

or the fact it was a bankruptcy auction crocked seller crocked auctioneer and buyers premium might played a part in it

I was thinking this all along but wasn't going to say a word......

36 minutes ago, turbo10 said:

3 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I was thinking this all along but wasn't going to say a word......

you guys must be more in the know than me

26 minutes ago, redneckchevy9 said:

There were some posts a few weeks ago that would fill you in. Someone else might be able to provide you the title 

9 hours ago, turbo10 said:

Winner winner, 

12 hours ago, IH Forever said:

You're showing your age Randy. This stuff is 35 - 45 years old, far from modern.

Depends on your perspective. Most of it is more modern than anything i have. And more than i could/would pay...then again i assume those were pretty nice and anthing i buy would be put to worl. Not very hard work but work none the less.

I recall that thread talking about it but can’t find it. Can someone post that link. Curiosity got me 

10 hours ago, redneckchevy9 said:

I looked up the title of one of the threads and the title was Another Interesting Moment. The other one is Salter Auction.

Ya know, it seemed a little weird to us at the sale that there was not a lot of interest. Had a guy in the crowd that bid on over half the tractors and didn't buy a one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Ya know, it seemed a little weird to us at the sale that there was not a lot of interest. Had a guy in the crowd that bid on over half the tractors and didn't buy a one. 

A hired bidder? Who would do such a thing?¬†ūüėú

Just now, FarmerFixEmUp said:

A hired bidder? Who would do such a thing?¬†ūüėú

hmmm how epay works for the in crowd....us to be good parts and fair prices

On 11/17/2018 at 8:18 PM, IH Forever said:

You're showing your age Randy.

Yup, guess so.  Where/when I was growing up, our neighbor farmed with his Regular, F-20s were on a lot of farms, 10-20s/15-30s/22-36s were antiques and Hs and Ms were newer stuff.  

We had an F-20, a B and an M.

best, randy