pt756

beef price lately?

was just talking to a buyer said the hanging price dropped about 15 to 25 cents a pound late last week. cull cows 28  cents a pound he was saying. man this is getting old lately

It is difficult but the cattle market has its swings. The cattle cycle used to be more predictable. If the retail  price at the stores would drop some it would help. Thx-Ace

• Like 1

Just now, acem said:

It is difficult but the cattle market has its swings. The cattle cycle used to be more predictable. If the retail  price at the stores would drop some it would help. Thx-Ace

why would the banks drop their profit

they control the middle  buy low sell extra high

1 hour ago, pt756 said:

was just talking to a buyer said the hanging price dropped about 15 to 25 cents a pound late last week. cull cows 28  cents a pound he was saying. man this is getting old lately

Are we just talking cull cows? Or are you asking about fed colored cattle too? 

We sold a load of fed cattle last week for $1.02 to $1.04 a pound range. 

Cull cows 53 to 55 cents today walking.  Highest ever volume at our local sale barn last 2 weeks.  2 sales a week, one mainly beef, one dairy.  No dairy goes there anymore, cattle jockeys take care of that now.  But over 100 hd culls each day last 5 sales.  Avg is 70ish per sale.

Alot of culls going in and cow calf guys here are selling citing feed cost 

6 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Are we just talking cull cows? Or are you asking about fed colored cattle too? 

We sold a load of fed cattle last week for $1.02 to $1.04 a pound range. 

1.04 sounds kinda hurtful, most current breakevens I have seen are higher than that. Don't remember what the breakevens were when you would have bought those feeders though.

47 minutes ago, Farmerboy72 said:

1.04 sounds kinda hurtful, most current breakevens I have seen are higher than that. Don't remember what the breakevens were when you would have bought those feeders though.

We quit buying feeder cattle a few years ago. We now only raise the calves from our cow/calf herd.

Yeah $1.04 isn't pretty, but tell me what is pretty farm market wise? 

Boy, if I had the answer to that question. This farming thing would be a breeze!

Just now, Reichow7120 said:

We quit buying feeder cattle a few years ago. We now only raise the calves from our cow/calf herd.

Yeah $1.04 isn't pretty, but tell me what is pretty farm market wise? 

the banks middle stealing from both ends

15 hours ago, mmi said:

the banks middle stealing from both ends

If you think the bank is stealing from you switch banks or dont use them at all. For the one with all the money and risk they deserve a little something also dont they?

9 minutes ago, new guy said:

If you think the bank is stealing from you switch banks or dont use them at all. For the one with all the money and risk they deserve a little something also dont they?

and we digress from how they control the beef price

why do you think they have all the money,nothing little about the trillions they suck up and move to other countries

We personally dont use them,but they have absolute control of the economy ,you could count on 2 hands those in control(actual owners) utilities and resources are being funneled to those same owners.......check with your local PUC were your payment ends up.

they have $ 000000 skin or risk in the game  ....can you say double customer fees, bail out or tax credit,slush fund,campaign finance.

you would not get an answer but ask Pete Coors about inflated scarce aluminum costs and banks shell game  there in with ALL their foreclosed properties.

you need to do some deep reading in history about the true history of banks/money changers.(non rewritten progressive version)

that's why I don't think things are going to change much on the ag front anytime soon, how do banks make money? probably from interest, some of these multi million dollar loans has got to huge for them as compared to our chicken feed loans that small guys beg for,

3 hours ago, mmi said:

and we digress from how they control the beef price

why do you think they have all the money,nothing little about the trillions they suck up and move to other countries

We personally dont use them,but they have absolute control of the economy ,you could count on 2 hands those in control(actual owners) utilities and resources are being funneled to those same owners.......check with your local PUC were your payment ends up.

they have $ 000000 skin or risk in the game  ....can you say double customer fees, bail out or tax credit,slush fund,campaign finance.

you would not get an answer but ask Pete Coors about inflated scarce aluminum costs and banks shell game  there in with ALL their foreclosed properties.

you need to do some deep reading in history about the true history of banks/money changers.(non rewritten progressive version)

Wow. Are you wearing a tinfoil hat also?  

Explain the shell game with foreclosed properties please. Maybe it is different in your world. Banks give out X dollars to buy a property. They get it back thru foreclosure and are forced to sell said property. They are out the difference in what is owed and what has been collected. My current resldence was bought out of foreclosure from a bank. The difference between what i paid and what was owed is about $150k. How did they come out ahead on something like that? ( I paid cash for it)

• Haha 2

Just called the local butcher plant about an hour away.  I'm going to bring in 8 cull holsteins $0.82 hanging is all their worth right now

just called equity Stratford price today is 80 cents a pound was listening to some market reports this morning while milking one place heifer calves 5 to 25 dollars, remember the time when they were always 300 up to as high as 700 and we still would not sell them.

That's here now, friend of mine told me good beef cows were bring in the forties.  Auction has had real high volume, actually several have, leading to fire sales.  1400 head at local barn, way way over usual sale, sale lasted till 10pm.  Bad news all the way around, seems like people are bailing out. I

called the sale barn today equity coop. sent a young cow 1350 pounds, 33 cents a pound live. and looked ahead to the dairy sales at our 3 local places, everybody is busy with at least 2 herds each.

I remember the days when you took a cow to auction and you barely covered the yardage, nevermind the trucking fee. That was 10-15 years ago

I brought three culls into the local salebarn today,  guy unloading warned me that I'd be lucky to get 40 cents a pound for them,  Wasn't really what I was hoping to hear as they were supposed to buy me a used cattle trailer that's on Craigslist.....  He said the fat cattle that weren't contracted were going to really take a bath.  Brother watched calves sell,  said I made the right move selling the 4 bull calves I had privately for $50 apiece on Sunday,  sale barn north of here probably averaged about $15 yesterday.  He brought home a single birth 130 pound  holstien  heifer calf from a neighboring farm for $30.  he didn't stay for butchers,  so I'll find out how I did when the check comes in the mail.

Wheels

yes I guess along with the dairy culls the beef cows have taken a hit also.40 cents would be good now.

What's the feeder calf market doing south of the border? I heard it dropped up here in the last couple weeks but not sure how much