case ih 5140 hydraulic problem

Nebguide

so i have a problem with our 5140......it has a great bend loader with after warming (doesnt take long) that the hydraulics will jerk the loader up as it raises.....also the tractor will jerk intermittitly after warming and then almost down to not traveling........almost like the main pump is bad or has bad splines.........took the(easy) pump off and that pump after a hydro house looking at it says its fine....so any thoughts about the (hard pump to get to) splitting the tractor to get to the other pump?.......any other suggestions..i am new to this forum just for this problem i am having after finding nothing googleing my problem....thanks in advance!!!......the loader issue i know is a product of the tractor problem but am just adding that to give you a scenario.....after stopping with the tractorl (not my choice but would not move) you can let it set awhile and then take off but then will do it as i am assuming the oil heats?all filters and oil has been changed......almost as if  it is sucking air?but would not explain letting it sit awhile

Welcome to the forum,

Now on to the tractor.........Sounds like a possible suction screen problem. First thing I would recommend is draining the oil out and removing suction screen, you will find it behind the oval window directly under hydraulic pump (has a temperature sender in center of it) On the bottom of transmission case is a debris trap, if suction screen inspection shows a bunch of debris you will have to remove trap and clean it, while off you will be able to clean suction screen bore a whole lot better. 

If none of this changes your problem you will need to get several gauges in hydraulic system (a) charge pressure, (100 psi gauge) in top of filter base should read 20 to 30 psi @ idle and 50-70 @ high idle (b) in bottom of hydraulic pump right where large line leaves and goes to remote valve stack, just front of this adapter is a test port (pointing straight down) get a gauge (at least 4000 psi) in here. At 12-1500 rpm and no functions demanded you will be reading "low stand-by" should be 4-600, now holding steering to a lock should read 2400, release steering and dead head a remote valve, should be 300 higher than steering, so 2700. 

Does loader have it's own valve or is it ran from rear remotes??

Archived