Sign in to follow this  
pt756

weather tonight

about 20 degrees with 30 mile an hour wind and snow, still a fair amount of beans and corn to combine. I think it is about a month early, but still probably better off than some of the people in California with the fires. no danger of that here for the next 7 months.

Yea 22 tonight  wind chill of 7*in morning.  A lot of crop out yet  probably 50/50 corn beans

We were -2F here this morning and a fair bit of wind. Out in the sun and out of the wind it was nice but when the wind hit you it sure cooled off quick.  We've got about 4 inches of snow so far. 1 hour north of me they have a foot now. Guys are starting to snowmobile.

5 degrees here this morning. 4" of snow 20 miles to the south but nothing here. The wind had a real bite to it all day. Still worried about grass fires as we have a ton of fuel in the hills and Deer season starts in the morning. Cussed catalytic converters. :angry: Wish we could have gotten a good snow cover.

'

28 degrees here now  traces of snow flurries. Very wet from rain this last week. Still alot of beans and corn out yet. Talking about accumulating snow first of week.

I am in the middle of California with fires 120 miles S and about 200 mile NE. Nothing like your getting but it froze the outside of my big tomato plant this morning. My son lives in a canyon that traps cold air in a little side draw with only a  hour or 2 of morning sun claimed low 20's this morning everything in his garden black now. 

With the very low humidity it went from freezing all the way to mid 70's in the afternoon. A common thing here. The off shore winds or Santa Anna as southern Cal calls them really push a fire. No rain in most of this country since April, normal to have rain start sure would be good if it did soon.

Really nice for the cow business to get several inches of rain and warmer weather so it grows a bit before we get frost every morning. The beauty of the very narrow strip up the coast that never freezes, true cowman heaven. I am only 10 miles inland but the east side of the coast range so lots 20 to 30 degree mornings unless we get good cloud cover. My country can look green from a good bit of rain but never really grow till March. But still much easier than where you get buried in snow.

Was looking at the wild fires in California on tonight's news and just thinking how hard it is to believe that they are so dry out west-------and we are so wet on the eastern side.

And-----our weather down south (Mississippi Delta) has been much better than what ya'll have had up through the mid-west and northeast.

Still areas of cotton and soybeans in the field down here-------and alot of cotton modules still in field waiting for transport to the gins.

Wet falls are never fun-------but fires are devasting.

Old man Weather is a strange critter.

Good luck to everyone.

DD

Yes the weather sure dose seem odd so far! Almost 14" up at Grand Portage yesterday and a inch here! Like to see the ground freeze up so we can start cutting next years firewood.

9 degrees should have plug the pickup in last night

Tarp on wood pile was was rattling, in the wnd all night outside the window .

wind chill is twelve here

I had 23 f here this morning. Calling for snow Monday but it won't stick. A lot of crops still to be harvested here. I am just glad I have my rice done. Thx-Ace

Got down to 33F here in North Texas.  Coldest since last winter. By the middle of the afternoon a pool party is acceptable.

At least the frozen ground will keep the harvesters from sinking in the mud.

IT BEGINS :rolleyes:

got blasted with somewere between 8'' to 30''

the 50 MPH winds off the big lake really stirred it up

but the IH had no trouble clearing it away🤪

Mike