oldtech

Please translate from the Scottish please!

Ive got a Massey 85 with their "Advanced Hydraulic Controls" and despite reading everything thats out there on how to operate the 3 pt I still cant figure it out.

There are two levers much like IH but in order to work the remotes for the loader the outer one has to be in "auxiliary position" otherwise they go dead.  But when this is on you can operate the hitch with the 3rd lever on the valve bank (with the red knob).  However, it then works like an ordinary cylinder and you have to guess at the position.

So this leaves you with the draft control lever which apparently has 3 sub ranges which dont seem to work as described here.

Maybe this is written in Scottish or something so that Im just not getting it?  What am I missing?  Or could it be that something isnt roking right?  Hootmon!

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/984086/Massey-Ferguson-Mf-135.html?page=26#manual

OT:  You have the sequence wrong!  First you need to drink a little Scotch . . . then you work on the equipment, drink more scotch, then read the manual!!

• Haha 3

Did anyone look at the link I included for the manual pages?

Is there anyone that can give me a simple explanation of how the hitch lifts controls should work?

Here is one little secret I discovered...

It looks a lot different on the 85 but works the same way.