cipltd

1066 problems

Good Morning all, I have 1066 with no steering and when i put it in gear it does a quick little jump but doesn't go any where. Works not bad until I run my Walinga grain vac then won't steer or move. Any suggestion?

I guess your hydraulic pressure tellight on the dash isn't working?

First things first, remove, inspect, and possibly replace your hydraulic filter.  Replace it every 250 hours regardless.

If the filter is fine, then try to prime your mcv pump.  Remove the plug I'm pointing to in the pic, start the tractor and shut it down when oil comes shooting out.

IF oil doesn't come shooting out, there is a very good chance your MCV pump is worn out and just needs replaced.

Travis112484860_IMG_22591.JPG.d59f6573cd0fd83140a41b3870a61d4c.JPG

• Like 1

If you do manage to get things primed and moving, I would highly recommend avoiding using low TA for anything besides moving around the yard, because it sounds like your low TA sprag clutch is out. The low side of the TA is primarily driven by a mechanical one-way clutch called a sprag. It should move regardless of hydraulic pressure if the sprag is working, but yours is not. There are hydraulic holdback clutches on the low side that prevent freewheeling, but they will not hold up long under hard pulls.

Thanks Sparky and Matt. I changed the Hy filter 2 years ago when i did the clutch and not many hrs on since then. I will try the plug when it stops raining.Cant get it in the shop because of steering.For Matts reply, I had a Case mechanic here last year and he told me the TA was out.all this tractor does is running grain vac and putting in surface drains. What is the MCV?

Ok, then it isn't news to you. The sprag failing is usually stage 1 or 2 of the TA going out completely. If it just does PTO work and moves around enough for you, no biggie.

The MCV is the multiple control valve, the plate behind the pointer in the picture above. It is located on the left side of the tractor, ahead of the step. There is a plunger on top that goes in and out with the TA lever. There is a plunger on the back that goes in and out with the clutch.

That's the thing Matt, after using the pto the tractor won't move at all. I put it in gear (any gear) after and it just does a little jump then sits there.

2 hours ago, cipltd said:

What is the MCV?

You may want to find someone to actually come help you out in person that knows IH tractors, even if you have to pay them.

Travis

1 hour ago, cipltd said:

is the steering, motion and TA all work on the same system together? .

Yup.

Steering is hydraulic, TA needs hydraulic pressure to engage in high, or tractor will just sit there.

Yup full of oil. like i mentioned a bit ago. the Case mechanic said my ta was gone. so i was wondering if that will affect the steering and the population.  

on another note, are you guys have issues with Vomitoxin ?

Yup full of oil. like i mentioned a bit ago. the Case mechanic said my ta was gone. so i was wondering if that will affect the steering and the propulsion.   

on another note, are you guys have issues with Vomitoxin ?