Sign in to follow this  
Lkraft67

Needing help on a 1972 1010 pickup longbed to shortbed conversion.

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the place for this. But I'm looking to get contact with someone that has a shortbed truck from the 1970-1972 year range. I really dont know the year range these ran. But I on the regular do longbed to shortbed conversions, on c10s and f100s, but I was contacted on shortening a bed on a 1972 International 1010? Pickup I believe. 

I'm looking to see who has a shortbed, so I can get the proper measurements to be able to use. I'm looking for overall floor length, front bed wall to the front of the wheel tubs, to behind the wheel tubs to the rear of the bed to the inside rear corner, or the edge of the rear floor edge. 

From what I found online the longbed wheel base is 131"?. And shortbed is 115". So In reality I need to remove 16" from before the wheel tubs. Just looking at photos online the rear portion of the looks the same on a longbed to shortbed, so I would like to find an individual that owns a true shortbed, from those years and get me the measurements I'm after. 

Thanks, Logan.

I think the short box is 6' long, so you will have to shorten both ends to make it look right.