BartVD

BD 264 - Repair info

Hello,

A customer is restoring a British B450. As we were IHC dealer before, he comes to us for parts en technical questions.

But the British models we sold in very low numbres in our area. So I do not have the books about them.

It has a BD264 engine. I can order the parts via CNH.

Tthey are on stock in the USA so I think the BD264 is an American engine.

Can anyone give me the nut and bolt torques? Cilinderhead, crankshaft and rods?

And maybe the valve clearance?

Thanks in advance.

Bart from Belgium.

in the USA BD would mean Blue diamond but those are 6 cyl gas normally for a truck

to us In USA BD noted with tractor means British Diesel,generally import to canada div first

so an english/french source may be better for you  as that is normally the case for USA to source parts

will have to look...more familiar with 250/275/354        that would be 4 cyl direct start?

although they could share parts dont let any one confuse that with the USA small gas/diesels UD 264

upon more search follow up here

https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/42127-farmall-b-450-diesel/

In the CNH parts order program, I saw that the part I ordered was used on the Famall M also. So I thought it was a US built engine. 

its confusing but a D-264 was a 4cylinder IH diesel used in the SUPER M, MTA,and 400 tractors but is quite a bit different to the BD264  of British mfg ,although the BD264 does share a few parts in common with US production. The BD 264 truck engine is a totally different breed of cat nothing in common but the fan belt in a few applications.

On 11/8/2018 at 8:28 PM, BartVD said:

Hello,

A customer is restoring a British B450. As we were IHC dealer before, he comes to us for parts en technical questions.

But the British models we sold in very low numbres in our area. So I do not have the books about them.

It has a BD264 engine. I can order the parts via CNH.

Tthey are on stock in the USA so I think the BD264 is an American engine.

Can anyone give me the nut and bolt torques? Cilinderhead, crankshaft and rods?

And maybe the valve clearance?

Thanks in advance.

Bart from Belgium.

The Farmall B-450 was imported into the southern parts of the USA in the early 1960s. The British built B-450 tractor used the glow plug style BD-264 Diesel engine was only loosely based on the American built D-264 gasoline based diesel engine. Not many parts are interchangeable. Try a business called HISTOPARTS in the Netherlands for spare parts and English language service manuals try AGRIMANUALS in Great Britain. The Farmall B-450 is listed on the Case IH parts website, but make sure you are searching for the British B-450 and not the American Farmall 450 which is significantly different. Regards from Michael H.

On 14 november 2018 at 2:55 AM, Michael Halsall said:

The Farmall B-450 was imported into the southern parts of the USA in the early 1960s. The British built B-450 tractor used the glow plug style BD-264 Diesel engine was only loosely based on the American built D-264 gasoline based diesel engine. Not many parts are interchangeable. Try a business called HISTOPARTS in the Netherlands for spare parts and English language service manuals try AGRIMANUALS in Great Britain. The Farmall B-450 is listed on the Case IH parts website, but make sure you are searching for the British B-450 and not the American Farmall 450 which is significantly different. Regards from Michael H.

I know the company Histoparts. We speak the same language, Dutch. Finding parts is not the problem. I have a DVD with the old IH parts books. I ordered the parts via CNH. I only need the technical specifications.