Jump to content
BartVD

BD 264 - Repair info

Recommended Posts

Hello,

A customer is restoring a British B450. As we were IHC dealer before, he comes to us for parts en technical questions.

But the British models we sold in very low numbres in our area. So I do not have the books about them.

It has a BD264 engine. I can order the parts via CNH.

Tthey are on stock in the USA so I think the BD264 is an American engine.

Can anyone give me the nut and bolt torques? Cilinderhead, crankshaft and rods?

And maybe the valve clearance?

Thanks in advance.

Bart from Belgium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the USA BD would mean Blue diamond but those are 6 cyl gas normally for a truck

to us In USA BD noted with tractor means British Diesel,generally import to canada div first

 so an english/french source may be better for you  as that is normally the case for USA to source parts

will have to look...more familiar with 250/275/354        that would be 4 cyl direct start?

although they could share parts dont let any one confuse that with the USA small gas/diesels UD 264

upon more search follow up here

https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/42127-farmall-b-450-diesel/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the CNH parts order program, I saw that the part I ordered was used on the Famall M also. So I thought it was a US built engine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its confusing but a D-264 was a 4cylinder IH diesel used in the SUPER M, MTA,and 400 tractors but is quite a bit different to the BD264  of British mfg ,although the BD264 does share a few parts in common with US production. The BD 264 truck engine is a totally different breed of cat nothing in common but the fan belt in a few applications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 8:28 PM, BartVD said:

Hello,

A customer is restoring a British B450. As we were IHC dealer before, he comes to us for parts en technical questions.

But the British models we sold in very low numbres in our area. So I do not have the books about them.

It has a BD264 engine. I can order the parts via CNH.

Tthey are on stock in the USA so I think the BD264 is an American engine.

Can anyone give me the nut and bolt torques? Cilinderhead, crankshaft and rods?

And maybe the valve clearance?

Thanks in advance.

Bart from Belgium.

The Farmall B-450 was imported into the southern parts of the USA in the early 1960s. The British built B-450 tractor used the glow plug style BD-264 Diesel engine was only loosely based on the American built D-264 gasoline based diesel engine. Not many parts are interchangeable. Try a business called HISTOPARTS in the Netherlands for spare parts and English language service manuals try AGRIMANUALS in Great Britain. The Farmall B-450 is listed on the Case IH parts website, but make sure you are searching for the British B-450 and not the American Farmall 450 which is significantly different. Regards from Michael H.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14 november 2018 at 2:55 AM, Michael Halsall said:

The Farmall B-450 was imported into the southern parts of the USA in the early 1960s. The British built B-450 tractor used the glow plug style BD-264 Diesel engine was only loosely based on the American built D-264 gasoline based diesel engine. Not many parts are interchangeable. Try a business called HISTOPARTS in the Netherlands for spare parts and English language service manuals try AGRIMANUALS in Great Britain. The Farmall B-450 is listed on the Case IH parts website, but make sure you are searching for the British B-450 and not the American Farmall 450 which is significantly different. Regards from Michael H.

 

I know the company Histoparts. We speak the same language, Dutch. Finding parts is not the problem. I have a DVD with the old IH parts books. I ordered the parts via CNH. I only need the technical specifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 5:35 AM, BartVD said:

I know the company Histoparts. We speak the same language, Dutch. Finding parts is not the problem. I have a DVD with the old IH parts books. I ordered the parts via CNH. I only need the technical specifications.

There is a reprint of the International BD-264 & BD-281 engine Service Manual available. It's original number is International SM-13A and it's availble from Agrimanuals.com in Great Britain and probably others in Europe. it is a service manual rather a parts catalog and should have the information you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

         Agrimanuals have reprints of BTD 6 service manual with all the info you will need for BD 264 engine rebuild or you can get manual for engine only that covers BD 264 and BD 281. Was very happy with there service.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...