Sign in to follow this  
Hydro70

What are some of your other color favorite tractors with pics OK

We all got a piece of our heart that likes those other ones and here are two of my most liked other ones and Ive always liked them orange tractors and this one sits at a jockey not far from me and that is one clean tractor he found up in Illinois and I always liked the 4030 and 4430 without them soundgard cabs.  Show us your other ones and don't be ashamed

imgTJLQSPPG.jpg

imgJGQCOD4O.jpg

These V8 tractors just look mean. Image result for oliver 2255 pictures

Image result for white 2 180 picturesImage result for Massey 1155 tractor pictures

Image result for Massey 1150 tractor pictures

Man keep this on going . I love tractors of all colors and what a collection to have every tractor with a v8

• Like 1

Kinda like the Whites with the right size rubber on them.Here is my 1983 2-88.In the process of painting it now.

Paul

20181020_180615.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Allis d-14, id like a d-19 to go along. 

6B471FB8-6589-49E5-8513-5B6DE19DE0B7.jpeg

B7308ACE-F313-46E2-A5E1-84AE02593363.jpeg

B7308ACE-F313-46E2-A5E1-84AE02593363.jpeg

4A72DE06-2F2F-4842-A5D0-54A6C8BEBD2B.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hydro70 said:

We all got a piece of our heart that likes those other ones and here are two of my most liked other ones and Ive always liked them orange tractors and this one sits at a jockey not far from me and that is one clean tractor he found up in Illinois and I always liked the 4030 and 4430 without them soundgard cabs.  Show us your other ones and don't be ashamed

imgTJLQSPPG.jpg

imgJGQCOD4O.jpg

Keep posting the pictures that is a nice. Almo chalmo . Used to be lots of them up here and the open station 30 series are nice.

My 7010 PS. Pretty pleased so far.

WP_20180723_005.jpg

• Like 1

nt

jdgm1-1.jpg

versatile145.jpg

bigbud320.JPG

styledD.jpg

chevy-1.JPG

My 1946 GM with a governor mounted JD hydraulic pump.  Next is my 1970 Versatile D-145, then my 7020 and Big Bud HN 320.  A D from about 1942ish and a Case 500 that I installed a new crankshaft in this past winter.  It is one of two 500s I have.   

• Like 2

Tony's Goldie.....

• Like 2

Someday I hope my Silver King R38 looks like this restored one. Mine is the crappy looking one the way it arrived when I bought it. I don't have a picture of my Model 41 that was my grandfather's, since it came back to the farm after 60 years in a crate. I have almost all the parts for it, someday I hope it looks as good as the Model 41 in these pictures too.

Ross

images.jpeg

1937  S.JPG

a198011.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

nt

jdgm1-1.jpg

versatile145.jpg

bigbud320.JPG

styledD.jpg

chevy-1.JPG

My 1946 GM with a governor mounted JD hydraulic pump.  Next is my 1970 Versatile D-145, then my 7020 and Big Bud HN 320.  A D from about 1942ish and a Case 500 that I installed a new crankshaft in this past winter.  It is one of two 500s I have.   

I have always been partial to a JD G, even though I've never really been around one working. I guess it's only because of hearing the stories of my dad's JD G from him. He started farming with a JD G, an A, and a B. He would always tell me how his G would pull the 3-16 Oliver plow all the way down through the clay knob, while his dad's Super M gas and his uncle's Super MD he bought new would only manage about 3 inches deep with the same Oliver 3-16 's as he was pulling. They always used Oliver plows back then. Said he could lap them every round and a half, but could only run a couple hours before needing to fill up with gas, while his dad's Super M would make it to lunch before needing to be gassed up, and the Super MD would go right on until dark when the shut down for the day. No idea how much HP dad's G had, but he said it had .125 over aluminum pistons and ran real good. I still have dad's service manual for his JD A with the serial number written in it, and have looked, but haven't found the number or tractor anywhere. That was 50 or so years ago though, it's probably been long melted down. I don't have any information on the G or B unfortunately. 

I also like that Case 500 diesel you have, I have always thought that the 500 and 600 Case diesels were a really stout looking, streamlined tractor. Are they fairly reliable? How's the part availability for a 500?

Ross

3 minutes ago, RBootsMI said:

I have always been partial to a JD G, even though I've never really been around one working. I guess it's only because of hearing the stories of my dad's JD G from him. He started farming with a JD G, an A, and a B. He would always tell me how his G would pull the 3-16 Oliver plow all the way down through the clay knob, while his dad's Super M gas and his uncle's Super MD he bought new would only manage about 3 inches deep with the same Oliver 3-16 's as he was pulling. They always used Oliver plows back then. Said he could lap them every round and a half, but could only run a couple hours before needing to fill up with gas, while his dad's Super M would make it to lunch before needing to be gassed up, and the Super MD would go right on until dark when the shut down for the day. No idea how much HP dad's G had, but he said it had .125 over aluminum pistons and ran real good. I still have dad's service manual for his JD A with the serial number written in it, and have looked, but haven't found the number or tractor anywhere. That was 50 or so years ago though, it's probably been long melted down. I don't have any information on the G or B unfortunately. 

I also like that Case 500 diesel you have, I have always thought that the 500 and 600 Case diesels were a really stout looking, streamlined tractor. Are they fairly reliable? How's the part availability for a 500?

Ross

I actually passed on this GM on in the first place because I thought it was a G.  Then later I notice the pan seat which meant it was either a GM or early styled G.  Both tractors are more collectable/desirable from a production number standpoint then a regular styled G so I bought it.  Actually got it running too.  The G was overbuilt for the horsepower it had in stock form  but then again when JD took up to 50+ hp then didn't have any issues either. 

The Case 500 and on up were very reliable tractors.  In fact dare I say more so then the IH's of the period.  Its a tractor that neither JD or IH would have until the late 50s and 60s and the 500-900 are some of my favorite to farm with from that era if I had too.  Drivetrain was really stout with the chain drive and transmission layout similar to a 2 cylinder JD.  Parts are easy to get for the 500 engine.  The engine was used all the way up to the 930s and some of the parts interchange.  I had no problem finding bearings, gaskets, piston rings, and so on just surfing the net.  Plus I know a few guys that specialize in antique Case parts too. 

1 hour ago, Big Bud guy said:

nt

jdgm1-1.jpg

versatile145.jpg

bigbud320.JPG

styledD.jpg

chevy-1.JPG

Is the building in back a barn or garage. It is a nice building. And yes the early and even later case had IH covered for power.

58 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Is the building in back a barn or garage. It is a nice building. And yes the early and even later case had IH covered for power.

It’s a sand creek barn.  Built it entirely ourselves.  So far it’s only had a barn dance, a wedding reception, and some church services.  We are trying to keep the animals out of it but mom wants to use it for her sheep.  

• Haha 1

I love Ford 7710s.  First tractor I ever drove, and still hard to beat for haying.  Absolutely fantastic control setup...Ford had better ergonomics than anyone else.  Left hand on the wheel, left foot on the hi/lo, right hand on the hydraulics, right foot on the throttle (why was Ford the only company to make a foot throttle that didn't suck?).  Can't beat it for mowing.  The big TWs are fun to drive, but they don't seem to have held up as well as the other machines of that era where I am.

Late G's are good.......

1850 or 1950(not the POS T either with the 310 ship wreck) olivers

60 Series Deeres

And probably the most disturbing tractor to you people...........4020

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is my money maker until I can pick up enough ground to justify a boxcar magnum. Just a great all around tractor.

IMG_3150.JPG

• Like 2

DDBA99DB-4601-4BD5-B682-0916A235B7D5.thumb.jpeg.e6813dff9d92d5ee8937ff63bba549e5.jpegI always liked the 8000-9600 Fords. Just like the way they looked. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Indy Farmer said:

This is my money maker until I can pick up enough ground to justify a boxcar magnum. Just a great all around tractor.

IMG_3150.JPG

We bought one of those new in 1980.  First piece of farm machinery we ever had to finance.  But it was worth it.  

23 hours ago, pms1961 said:

Kinda like the Whites with the right size rubber on them.Here is my 1983 2-88.In the process of painting it now.

Paul

20181020_180615.jpg

I have wanted a 2-88 for most of my life. Is it truly the happiness I've dreamed of?

17 hours ago, gafarm49 said:

This one gets worked here

IMG_20170131_163235838.jpg

I see that you've left the shop unlocked again.

• Haha 2