86 series work light shade thingie

Eric Farley

Ive been playing around with my 1486 that I acquired back in the summer. The front side work lights and housing got trashed some time ago  so I ordered both housings and light assemblies, when they came in I noticed that the little  black 1/4 moon glare reducing thingies that go at the top of the light were not included, I have looked on CNHI site, ebay and everywhere I can think of but have yet to find any other than a salvage yard.

So my question is, does anyone know what know what they are called so I can look for one, or know where to get a pair, or a measurement  how wide and more so how tall one is so I can make a pair?

thanks

I have a pair of those sitting in the shop that I’d be willing to sell.  I can take a picture of them if you’d like 

I was wrong about what I have, I thought I had the half round glare guard but I have these instead......

A944AF43-D168-4884-BE8E-306840988903.jpeg

I really don’t know why they put those on, I think there would’ve been better put on the side closest to the engine to keep the light off the side of the tractor, some of my 86 series have them and some don’t, I really don’t notice a difference.

There’s not much to them you could probably make one out of the piece of tin. Here’s a picture of one of my tractors with them.

C7B25129-FC82-4D3F-9859-3BCDB92957EF.jpeg

I'll look in my shop, when I swapped to LED on my 186 I ditched the old light assembly. If I didn't throw them away I'll send you them for the cost of shipping.

I think they look better with them but im all about original! Dont look at my tractors on the original part its a work in progress! Haha

On 11/6/2018 at 6:50 AM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I really don’t know why they put those on, I think there would’ve been better put on the side closest to the engine to keep the light off the side of the tractor, some of my 86 series have them and some don’t, I really don’t notice a difference.

There’s not much to them you could probably make one out of the piece of tin. Here’s a picture of one of my tractors with them.

C7B25129-FC82-4D3F-9859-3BCDB92957EF.jpeg

2350 loader brackets?

Archived