Sign in to follow this  
mader656

Bet it don't start a. Cold diesel

Id bet the farm it dont start a stone dead and cold d282

I'd guess for small car or almost dead SUV.

1104181654.jpg

Might put a couple % into your cell phone though?

Lithium ion technology. You would be very surprised what they do. Very similar to a Maxwell start unit used in semis.

• Like 1

Saw one like it start my 821 case loader stone dead wouldn’t believe it if I wasn’t there

I've seen one used to start a 1066 with dead batteries when it was about +25F outside. If I hadn't seen it I would never have believed it. Was looking at the 1066 for a friend. I had tried to start it. All that happened was the solenoid clicked. Mechanic brought one of those things out. Hooked it up, let is set just a minute or 2 and it cranked right over. Guy I was looking it over for did buy the 1066.

Rick 

You would be surprised at what those jump starters will start! Guy I know needed a jump on his Duramax. It was just barely cranking, put this little red box on it and it fired right up. I would not of believed it if I had not watched it do it.

Rated for 400A, more than I would have figured. I agree with whoever said it might jump start a cell phone.

I jump started a 930 Case diesel with mine. The tank heater was plugged in for a few hours and it was 25 degrees out. They do work. 

I watched a guy jump a dodge 5.9 Cummins with one just like it. It was stone cold dead. I laughed my butt off until it zipped over. Then i asked where he got it. I wouldn’t bet the farm anymore. Before hand I would have. Lol

14 hours ago, mader656 said:

I'd bet the farm it dont start a stone dead and cold d282

Chuckle, sure hope that it wasn't a good farm cuz it look's like'ta me that you'd sure lose.

best, randy

Just think about where you keep it.

If its a Chinese Lithium ion it might just start a fire for you.

Lithium ion and water don't mix so if the case cracks and it gets damp you could have trouble.

59 minutes ago, Randy Sohn said:

Chuckle, sure hope that it wasn't a good farm cuz it look's like'ta me that you'd sure lose.

best, randy

Yeah im talking stone dead, 0 degrees

Just have my doubts about 2 minutes of glow plugs then 30 seconds of cranking for 3 or for goes...

if you factored in a dead glow plug or two I'd bet the farm against the mafia... Nothing can start that....

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

0 degrees

Chuckle, that's a chinook/heat wave up here in MN.

best, randy

38 minutes ago, Randy Sohn said:

Chuckle, that's a chinook/heat wave up here in MN.

best, randy

One of reasons I don't live in Minnesota.

• Haha 1

We have one of these on each fire truck, I’ve sold a number of them and make sure my wife has one in her car. I have jumped a stone dead international T444E , it’s way more than it is rated for but it did do it. I would start by betting a beer before you bet the farm Mader. 

1 hour ago, mader656 said:

One of reasons I don't live in Minnesota

And your smarts then is obvious!

best, randy

• Haha 1

Some of this new Charger technology is mind boggling.

16 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

We have one of these on each fire truck, I’ve sold a number of them and make sure my wife has one in her car. I have jumped a stone dead international T444E , it’s way more than it is rated for but it did do it. I would start by betting a beer before you bet the farm Mader. 

What brand and size do you use and would recommend. I assume there are a lot of mfg's out there.

5 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

What brand and size do you use and would recommend. I assume there are a lot of mfg's out there.

Aw heck, my picture didn’t load. 

This is the one we we carry on the trucks, portable pump batteries have a tendency to die. 

09B5CFFD-D79F-47BD-9087-937B7E9B6B1B.jpeg

• Thanks 2

We use this one for larger stuff and it WILL spin over a dead diesel at 0 degrees 

88EED2C8-3678-4C13-A3FA-2A7634CA99D9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

These units when powered by 4 - 8D batts will straighten the cables right out and spin a D9 cat without batteries in it , at 10 degs like it's a summer day

Of course you can't throw it behind the seat 😀Revolt 747 Booster - Reid Electric  

The one I throw in the truck is a jump-n-carry 12/24 JNC1224 12/24 Volt 3400 Peak Amp Jump Starter - CloreInfo.com