RedPower5488

Antifreeze in oil

Well I got the steering slop fixed up in my M that I acquired and posted about a while back. I got her all back together and went to change the oil for the first time and i had antifreeze galore in the oil.:( So the question is do I have a blown head gasket, cracked head, or cracked block? It always starts with a puff of white smoke. Is it worth a try to put a can of bars leak in?

I’d try bars leak head would be first to crack then block in middle main but wouldn’t puff white from that so I’d bet cracked head 

9 minutes ago, Thesd5488 said:

I’d try bars leak head would be first to crack then block in middle main but wouldn’t puff white from that so I’d bet cracked head 

X2 on cracked head

If it was puffing smoke (burning antifreeze) I would guess in the head somewhere; I would personally drain it all out and star with the easier solution of pulling the head off and inspecting and changing the head gasket to see if it has any major obvious defects. While the head is off you can have a shop crack check it.

i had a W9 that got coolant in the oil. I filled the rad with diesel fuel and ran it for a summer until I found a 650 gas head for it.