1967ihtruck

1967 1100b

I’m starting this topic so I can put what I do to my truck on here and ask questions I have along the way so I don’t have to keep making different topics for everything.

• Like 1

Okay so I got the truck in the shop today and I am going to start taking it apart, first I want to get the front clip off and I was wondering it it would come off all at once or if it is piece by piece

261D5578-7F07-46D0-B59C-C22AE3B90423.jpeg

yes front clip comes in one piece , remove bolts where fender meets door pillar, inner fender meets firewall, and one bolt where radiator

support meets frame in center ,misc wire plugs and harness clips  ,radiator and shroud,  Two guys or engine crane

34 minutes ago, Kevingweq said:

yes front clip comes in one piece , remove bolts where fender meets door pillar, inner fender meets firewall, and one bolt where radiator

support meets frame in center ,misc wire plugs and harness clips  ,radiator and shroud,  Two guys or engine crane

Thanks

I’m pretty sure I have all of the bolts out but it still seems like it is on solid in the middle of the rad support.

Usually a bit rusty around the bolt and rubber mounts, the sleeves could be stuck to bolt  ,  see if you can use a punch and drive the bolt

up through the mount arrangement,  A bit of weasel juice may help

I have the bolt completely out already that is what I don’t understand about it.

Unless someone added some additional brackets or bolts , there is just the one up front ,  Pictures ?

There weren’t any additional retainers that I could see, I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

I figured it out and finally got it off. The bumper is what was holding me up.

B7C17B7A-36FC-41BA-A5AA-73F2BA8A5BE4.jpeg

3F72829A-C931-4BBC-BA26-CB8AD4732471.jpeg

• Like 1

How do I get the steering column out, it’s a 3 speed. I have it loose but I can’t get it out.

Pretty sure it comes with the box,    have to remove steering wheel , it pulls out the front ,  Gemmer steering box ?