KK560

Iowa Machine Shops

Any good machine shops you would recommend?

I've taken multiple things to Nevada and don't plan on going there again.

Scott at Sigourney tractor told me they use some place in oskaloosa i think or maybe ottumwa. Cant recall for sure. You might give him a call and ask. 

Sorry Alderson Tractor. 641-624-2275 or 2032

9 minutes ago, KK560 said:

Any good machine shops you would recommend?

I've taken multiple things to Nevada and don't plan on going there again.

What did you run into?

2 minutes ago, Thesd5488 said:

What did you run into?

Found a crack in the head of the 560.

20181020_154114.jpg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Sorry Alderson Tractor. 641-624-2275 or 2032

Thanks I'll give them a call.

Didnt Arnolds buy out Nevada? Your talking about what is or used to be Williams?  I had heard a while back things were not as good as when previous owners ran it. Havent had anything done in years so i really dont know but i think i may give the place i mentioned a try next time i do.

Yes Williams always had a good rep before.

Former owner of Nevada shop now runs a small shop in I think Cambridge ,Iowa had a head for a 4240 Deere there this last summer but I didn't take it down but I do know he is running 1 there somewhere guess he did'nt like retirement.Otherwise I don't know of anybody that does the crack repair there are lots of good machine shops in Iowa but when it comes to welding I'll bet 90 percent of them send their stuff to Nevada

i just went and googled everything I could think of I can't find it I'll get a hold of the guy that took ours down ( it was a warranty type of deal on a used head )and get you a phone number our head looked like brand new and it had cracks around 4 inj. holes

Precision Rebuilders at Rock Valley IA. 712 476 5423

There is a place in Kansas City the stitches cracks. I'v had a few heads there. No problems ...but a long wait. Nevada ruined a head of mine a few years back.

On 10/21/2018 at 5:49 AM, HTS1206 said:

Former owner of Nevada shop now runs a small shop in I think Cambridge ,Iowa had a head for a 4240 Deere there this last summer but I didn't take it down but I do know he is running 1 there somewhere guess he did'nt like retirement.Otherwise I don't know of anybody that does the crack repair there are lots of good machine shops in Iowa but when it comes to welding I'll bet 90 percent of them send their stuff to Nevada

I've heard the former Nevada owner had another shop somewhere but wasn't sure where.

Rex, the former owner of Midwest Cylinder Head is now doing some head welding and machine work out of Cambridge, Iowa. The name is Schell Welding and the phone number is (515) 383-4830.

Rex also has a website for another business he is running. 

http://bullgears.com/

You can find a phone number for Rex on this website. I have had better luck reaching Rex at this number.

Rex is a great guy and really knows his stuff...........and he stands behind his work.