Nccattle

International 1586 Hydraulic breakdown

Bought this tractor months ago went thru hydraulics including Mcv pump, Mcv spring kit, main hitch pump(teflon oring), 2500psi pressure regulator, Hydraulic oil and Filter. Worked well cutting hay and baling all summer, while baling today lost Hydraulic pressure at remotes. Tractor wouldn't lift Baler tailgate at all. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Still have hay on the ground to get up!!  Thanks again

My first thought is that you lost the hitch pump o-ring, but I saw that you put a teflon ring in (presumably with the regular o-ring).

Are you using the International Harvester couplers, or did you update to Pioneer style couplers?  I ask this because after updating to the Pioneer couplers I have the best luck with the ball end male couplers.  The triangular, pin end style male couplers seem to give more trouble in not allowing oil to pass.

Does your 3PT hitch still raise and lower?

Start with the simple stuff. Unplug the hoses and look in the coupler for any foreign materiel like bits of rubber from the dust cover. Using gloves and positioned behind the couplers, put your weight into plugging them back in so they seat properly. Then crank the tractor and try the hydraulics. Do the hoses move when you move the lever? {at least some pressure is on the hoses] Can you hear the engine change slightly when you move the lever? Since this is an 86 series does it have the pressure compensating closed center type pump? I've saw post on here about problems with the signal line to the pump.  

Good luck.

NcCattle

Do you have more than one auxillary  valve?    If you do switch hoses to verify that it isn't just the valve or coupler.    If the hitch is hung in the up position.    Has the hitch hanging up occured at the same time that the auxillary quit working?     If the draft linkage has become locked on in the up position, then the hitch will be held in the on demand position and the hydraulic flow will be on priority to the hitch.    You will have to remove the top link cover and reposition the draft control linkage from the lower draft sensing  draft arms.

GT&T 

never seen a time the three point hitch won't lower unless the linkage is not right  the three point  basically lowers with no hydraulic pressure needed try and get the three point down and see if it will raise again if it don't raise I'd suspect  a pump O-ring again or plugged signal line assuming your tractor is the PFC Hydraulic system

Is it possible for there to be trash inside the axles where the brake rotors are and it keeps puttin trash in entire hydraulic system. 

5 hours ago, Nccattle said:

Is it possible for there to be trash inside the axles where the brake rotors are and it keeps puttin trash in entire hydraulic system. 

The debris from the brake discs shouldn't get past the filter or screen.