Trying to remove my oil pan, and seems it won't move forward, due to the dipstick tube.  Looks as if there are threads on the tube that thread into the block from the bottom.  Will the pan come off without cutting or removing this tube?  Will not drop down far enough due to the springs.  

you need to jack the front of the tractor up and remove the equalizer spring that supports the front of the tractor after spring is removed it's easy to get pan off and back on just use a 5 ton or so jack and use cribbing to support tractor for safety! have fun russ

many years  IIRC   2x  but naturally it was not that rusted ...easy

2 hours ago, russ said:

you need to jack the front of the tractor up and remove the equalizer spring that supports the front of the tractor after spring is removed it's easy to get pan off and back on just use a 5 ton or so jack and use cribbing to support tractor for safety! have fun russ

If I'm right there is either 4 or 6 bolts in the center that are removed after tractor is jacked up. Be SURE no weight is on spring before removing bolts or spring will roll and whack ya a good one along with throwing tool at your face! Spring is heavy slide to one side until out of track frame then let it down and slide to other side until out of track frame on last side then it's out of your way best place to put cribbing is just behind spring mount. Is tractor on concrete or out in the dirt because you don't want it to move at this point so put blocks against front and rear of at least one track safety first! it will hurt you! have fun russ       

• 1 year later...

My pan bolts are all out the pan moves and giggles, but wont come down. It does not hit the cross spring. What am I over looking?

Compression and leak down was bad . 100 in only measured 30. Blown head gasket, heavy ridge in cylinders , need to ridge ream to remove pistons, tool is on the way for that. Need source for rings, std 3 and 7/8 bore. Had McCord 6160 head gasket ?????? Its a play thing not needed to do heavy work. Any help or insight is appreciated .

Does the pan feel like it’s hitting something internally?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, hardtail said:

Does the pan feel like it’s hitting something internally?

yes and no. Need to raise and remove the equalizer spring assy. That is what Russ recommends. Then it should drop straight down.