one man cab pipe truck

Hey there to all the members I just joined this site last week in hopes of finding a certain truck I want. 

I’ve been looking for a IH truck that’s been called more names then Hillary Clinton, 

i think it’s called a steel hauling truck they have a hatch top roof for access when loaded I’ve also heard it called a one man cab truck or pipe truck or solo man truck or hatch roof truck etc, whatever it’s called I want one anybody know where one is sitting ideally I’d like a older rounder cab diesel model, thanks

D893271E-0E9E-4225-B3A1-E05451BD16FF.jpeg

That is just the neatest thing !  Good Luck

Hey there thanks for the positive input 

I think I’ve narrowed it down ( no pun) included to the R190 series 1968 or older I think 1969 they were bringing in the loadstars. I might be looking for that needle in the hay stack. 

To mike yea your right it’s gonna be tight 

they should have called it the ugly wife cab or divorce cab. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:00 PM, ACW said:

I have one for sale if your interested. 

What part of the world you are you in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw one in a lumber mill yard in BC that had the roof cut off! With all the rain out there I didn't think that was a good idea, bit maybe the load shifted and wrecked the cab.

• 2 weeks later...

Never seen the cab, but the most beautiful IH grill ever. I've always loved them. Local IH tractor dealer had several trucks, only one with that grill. Theirs was a blower body grain truck. It delivered grain to 70 farms locally for 25 years. 

I was at a farm equipment sale a decade ago that had one, I might have pictures on an old computer, can't recall what it sold for, the guy had some IH crawlers, his brother had probably one of the cleanest TD 18 182 that I have ever seen a few miles away that was not for sale back then.

The steel suppliers still have them but much newer vintage.