Farmerboy72

Cleaned up and done till next year

Managed to get all the crops in.  Got her all cleaned up and ready for the barn till next year.

hope Mother Nature cooperates soon for those of you struggling or waiting to get your crops done for the year.

IMG_1227.JPG

• Like 5

finally able to get started today ,,,,,,,,,have been sitting for 3 weeks .................wet .   Leaving tracks on tiled ground , slimy but going along .   .

I envoy you.........nice looking combine all cleaned up and ready for bed!

I've always said I rather shell the corn again as clean things up when I'm done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

Huh🧐. I still haven’t started mine. Lol

Me neither. And this week doesnt look good either. At least it might start drying after the rain/snow mix tomorrow...

Nice looking machine. Glad to hear you got done. Hope and pray that the rest of ya all will get some better weather and able to get everything in before it gets to bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmerboy72 said:

Managed to get all the crops in.  Got her all cleaned up and ready for the barn till next year.

hope Mother Nature cooperates soon for those of you struggling or waiting to get your crops done for the year.

IMG_1227.JPG

That is the combine I want right there

Almost bought one this fall, but the piggy bank was a little to empty.  One day there will be a 1644 with a 1044 head in my shed 🤔😄

Around here the driest corn is still 26%. Won’t go for another week at least

Nice clean combine.. About 1/3 done here

Nice picture, I’m getting close to being done with my corn. Quite a few dairies around had too much corn and I guess I’ll keep on going. My combine is pretty muddy right now. 

29 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

Nice picture, I’m getting close to being done with my corn. Quite a few dairies around had too much corn and I guess I’ll keep on going. My combine is pretty muddy right now. 

Doing all HM? 

1 hour ago, ChrisNY said:

Doing all HM? 

Yes, some of it really high, local dairy I sell most of the high moisture corn to ran out in the middle of September. When I started it was 34%, liked coming out the back if I pushed it to hard. 

8 hours ago, NY1468 said:

Yes, some of it really high, local dairy I sell most of the high moisture corn to ran out in the middle of September. When I started it was 34%, liked coming out the back if I pushed it to hard. 

Same here, was around that 34-35% when I started, plant super green. 200-250 bu/ac 34% corn makes the ole girl work. Corn in the 20's now and stalk dried down.