Way too fast to have a prayer at making the corner!

1 hour ago, ihrondiesel said:

Way too fast to have a prayer at making the corner!

2X

Rick

He never saw that coming....

Think he might have been looking at his phone?

......by the sound of his name......maybe he should have been at the helm of a camel.....not a modern semi unit ???

In my visits to the great US, over the last 45 yrs....there appears to have been quite a change in the ethnic  criteria of the US long haul truck driver........

Mike

• Like 2

Prime example of a "steering wheel holder".

I looked up Garden City UT on Google Maps, then did Google Earth and zoomed in.  According to that, Pugstones Sporting Goods is (was) on that corner where 89 comes in to a T intersection.  Looks to me like he'd already been through several intersections and past several driveways.  No way he should have been going that fast anywhere within a few miles of there.

The article also mentioned that there were reports of him driving very aggressively through the canyon before he got to Garden City.

I'll bet details on the driver will be very few and far between.  Hope I'm proven wrong.

2 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

Not a chance, HA HA. 😀😀😀😀

Texting while driving HA HA 😊😊😊

Very steep hill going down to that intersection. Camel jockey had brake issues. Read where a couple eye witnesses said there was smoke from the brakes. My thought says... only from the ones somewhat working.

This Country has gotten so messed up with Political Correctness.  My brother is a long-haul driver.  He says about half of the trucks on the road are run by imported drivers.  Turbans on their heads and drivers from Mexico.   Says their trucks are not kept up.  They will haul loads so cheap that it is keeping anyone legitimate from being able to make any money and the Brokers will only give loads to the lowest bidder.  To top this off, the Government is giving money, in the form of grants and no interest loans, to these immigrants to start their trucking business.  I think their is also a CDL exemption for some  circumstances.  Our own government has sided with outsiders against it's own citizens.  My bet is that lobbying groups for big companies have lined the right peoples' pockets to cause this to drive shipping costs down by artificially increasing the supply of drivers.  Get into an accident with one of these drivers and it is likely he has little or no insurance, no assets, and if criminally charged will be on a plane back to where he came from to avoid jail time.  Slow Suicide of a Superpower.

• Sad 2

What he said/\

Sad part is we are willingly doing this to ourselves.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hillskinefarms said:

What he said/\

Sad part is we are willingly doing this to ourselves.

All of us aren't, but it's hard to fight it when we let them that are doing it take the moral high ground.

3 hours ago, rsscott said:

This Country has gotten so messed up with Political Correctness.  My brother is a long-haul driver.  He says about half of the trucks on the road are run by imported drivers.  Turbans on their heads and drivers from Mexico.   Says their trucks are not kept up.  They will haul loads so cheap that it is keeping anyone legitimate from being able to make any money and the Brokers will only give loads to the lowest bidder.  To top this off, the Government is giving money, in the form of grants and no interest loans, to these immigrants to start their trucking business.  I think their is also a CDL exemption for some  circumstances.  Our own government has sided with outsiders against it's own citizens.  My bet is that lobbying groups for big companies have lined the right peoples' pockets to cause this to drive shipping costs down by artificially increasing the supply of drivers.  Get into an accident with one of these drivers and it is likely he has little or no insurance, no assets, and if criminally charged will be on a plane back to where he came from to avoid jail time.  Slow Suicide of a Superpower.

Our family run at least one Semi from 1988 until 2016.

Two of our rigs were totaled over the years but we had no fatalities. 

I think you are basically correct BUT this is the USA where a person (unless you are a federal judge) has to be proven guilty before being convicted  of a crime.