MTO

To replace my 1840 SS?

Nice, you can keep the cub i have a GT to attach that loader to though

Rick

I bet it would work well in a feather pillow factoryB)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the WORLD of Cub Cadets,  but ANY skid steer you can sit in or on will be twice the loader any CC will ever be.   Maybe if you reversed the loader on the Cub Cadet,  bucket closer to the drive wheels it would get better footing, be able to push more.  Dad came real close to reversing his Stan-Hoist loader on the '51 M for that very reason.

15 minutes ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I think the WORLD of Cub Cadets,  but ANY skid steer you can sit in or on will be twice the loader any CC will ever be.   Maybe if you reversed the loader on the Cub Cadet,  bucket closer to the drive wheels it would get better footing, be able to push more.  Dad came real close to reversing his Stan-Hoist loader on the '51 M for that very reason.

I have a 782 with a blade. Tried leveling some dirt with it once. Messed around awhile and got tired of not getting anything accomplished. Switched to my skid loader. Got more done in 5 minutes with it than the previous 30 with the cub cadet. Just my 2 cents.

Nice looking machine regardless.

Guess it would beat a shovel.....

That would work good next spring when you mow lawn the first time and have to scoop all the rock from the driveway that "that guy" shoved out there in the lawn...

You wouldnt happen to know who "that guy" is??🤔🤔

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

I have a 782 with a blade. Tried leveling some dirt with it once. Messed around awhile and got tired of not getting anything accomplished. Switched to my skid loader. Got more done in 5 minutes with it than the previous 30 with the cub cadet. Just my 2 cents.

Nice looking machine regardless.

I did some regrading around our house about 7-8 years ago.  Former owners had the ground sloped TOWARDS the house on both sides and kinda on the front.  The grade was so screwed up on the west side of our house,  in an area 30 ft long by 20 ft wide, I moved about 15,000# of dirt away from the house with the loader on the Super H, the 982 CC and Pronovost P503 tandem dump trailer in about three hours.  Loaded cart with loader, hauled and dumped dirt along the back wall of my shop about 200 ft away.  A hyd bucket on the loader would have been nice.

Back around 1982 I found a scrap of a full size road grader cutting edge and made a belly mount grader blade 6 inches high by 40 inches wide that bolts to the mower deck mount, and angles both ways. I can tilt the blade by standing on the side I want to cut deeper.  Doesn't work worth a darn with grass but once under the grass can move a surprising amount of dirt.  I used my old CC 70 with the 6-12 pizza cutter turf tires with tire chains.  I bought an IH frt blade 5-6 years ago to clear the little 1-2 inch snows off my driveway with the #70.  I either use the SH or drive over it till it melts now. Wife and I both have 4wd now. I would hate to try to grade anything heavy with that frt blade, like crushed rock or sand or packed dirt.  One thing that belly blade works good for is when packed snow and ice gets an inch thick or a bit more on my concrete drive I can hit it with the end of that blade when it gets real sunny and about 25 degrees,  I can roll chunks of ice 6 to 12 inches wide up right down to the bare damp concrete.

I will say that the IH frt blade does a really good job on those little snows, cleaning right down to bare concrete. Our concrete driveway slopes uphill to the road, only about a 4-5% slope but it doesn't take much snow to make getting to the road difficult.

A 782 CC is a great  tractor!  Guy that I bought my 982 from wanted me to buy his 782 also.  I wanted a 782 for years, couldn't understand why anyone needed a tractor as big as a 982.  Then I bought a house on 2.3 acres and SON started going to college and working summers and I had to mow the whole thing myself.

I have a front mount blade for my 682. Mainly bought it just because I think they are neat but did think I could use it to clean off the sidewalk and patio. I don't have chains but do have 2 sets of wheel weights and if we get more than 3 inches of fluffy snow it's worthless. 

15 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I have always agreed with that logic.  A 2wd machine works best that way

19 hours ago, Rescue11 said:

That's a really neat bucket or scoop.  I've never seen one quite like that before.  Works really good!  I've pretty much ignorred the Johnny Buckets and all those types of frt mount attachments.  Saw one years ago on Weekend Freedom Machines that pinned onto the frt blade mounts of a JD and had about a 4 ft arm with the bucket on the end of it.  Raise that so the bucket was straight out front and you could push the bucket straight to the ground with one hand raising the rear wheels off the ground.

Your rear wheels barely spun at all in your video, perfect example of letting weight transfer work for you, not against you.  Little weight up front might reduce the air time your front end has.  I was trying to set my 10" Ohio Steel moldboard plow up on the Cat 0 to sleeve hitch adapter I made for my 982, plowed a couple short furrows on the combined endrows of the neighbor's corn field right next to my shop. Started raising the plow while going forward and stopped raising the hitch when the frt wheels were about 3 ft in the air. Eased them down and moved the frt weight bracket up to the next project to do. Old mule drive bracket, couple feet of 7 gage x 4" steel, some 1/4" rod and a dozen Midwest SuperCub 10# suitcase weights.

Yep, it has front weights now. His 7 with 80 lbs up front handles it very well, but didn't have them at the time. 

On 10/14/2018 at 8:56 AM, Rescue11 said:

Awww, a baby Gnuse😂

IMG_20180414_130548386_HDR.jpg

15 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Awww, a baby Gnuse😂

IMG_20180414_130548386_HDR.jpg

Exactly!!! Except, by now the L-90 Gnuse is considered miniature compared to the 14' they are building now.

Here's a larger miniature version...

20180118_173537.jpg

IMG_20131222_145524.jpg