Sign in to follow this  
MTO

This popped up on C/L

Have never seen such a setup on a Cub. 

Guess it would be handy if a guy had nothing else. Seems like a LOT of bucket though.

43694592_495209234291402_6682117643899502592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&oh=3e5bd0a23ac2babc2a12bbc017886371&oe=5C5637E0

I have the twin to that in my shed.    Is it a 147?     Yes better than a shovel...

Guy that owns IH Cub Cadet.com had a loader on the next model or two newer than that.  Had dual rear tires and all kinds of extra weight on the back. That was "BtBF", Before the Big Fire. Bet there's 5-6, maybe more CC's with loaders on them owned/built by frequent posters there.  Mr. Plow here has one of them.  Big Steve might have one too.

That one pictures is nice with the self leveling bucket. That is a really big bucket.  Most get used for clearing snow, moving mulch, lifting/moving things too heavy to move by hand.

Think I missed my chance, had an 8 cubic yard pile of mulch in the driveway,  was hauling heaped loader buckets with the 40 inch bucket on the SH into the back yard, on about the second bucket she said, "Too bad you don't have a loader on a Cub Cadet."

Back in 1963, '64,  Dad had just got the original Cub Cadet. He had a hog house that was 75-80 ft long, about 18-20 ft wide, the center aisle was less than 70 inches wide. The H and the spreader barely fit down the aisle, but you loaded the spreader by hand. No way the M and the loader would fit. Dad priced a new Danco loader for the original, trip wide bucket as wide as the CC.  Loader was WAY more expensive than the CC was too.

That is  a Kwik-Way loader, early model with the the scissor arm parallel linkage for the self leveling bucket and a 3' bucket.

I have a later model KwiK Way with more conventional self leveling bucket linkage and 4' bucket on an 1872 SGT.  Power Steering makes a world of difference!!!!

They are not skid steers, end loaders, or even farm loaders....but they are #$%^ handy around the yard!!!  I have a tooth bar for my bucket and a set of pallet forks that I made for it as well, complete with boom.  With 500# of counterweight it will lift 600# to right at 6'.  More importantly, you never use a wheel barrow or garden cart again!!!!  Trim the bushes, rake the trimmings into the bucket, get patio pavers from Menards, throw a pallet in the truck (load appropriately) and it's no more lifting at home, pull a Cub Cadet engine, etc.

They are exceptionally useful doing finish grading around the farm in places where the big tractor loader can't get...up around the new shed walls, reseeding the yard, etc.  Recently moved and spread 4 ton of CA-6 around my shed in about 45 min........would have been a lot more effort with a shovel!!!!!

I would be lost without mine...a real work saver!!!!!!!!!