B.B.

Other than IH, what other tractors would you love to own? (Bucket List Tractors)

I grew up on a small farm and started to come of age in the late 80's early 90's, so tractors from that era I have always liked.   I remember being a kid and reading brochures , checking out equipment on dealers lots, or getting to use a neighbor's tractor.  These memories and experiences have helped shaped what I consider my "bucket list" of tractors I'd love to own, as I wished so much we could of had one back then to make farming a little easier. 

The biggest tractor dad ever had was a Minneapolis Moline U302 (about 50-60HP) and I cut my teeth on an Allis WD, and other similar tractors.  I hated that WD, and but like my dad's little White 2-35 but it just wasn't big enough.   Dad didn't have anything with a cab nor AC, and that was a real treat getting to use someone else's tractor with a cab! 

So with that said, here's a list of tractors I'd absolutely love to own although I really would have no practical use for. 

Ford/Versatile 976 (ain't no other tractors looks as sexy as one of these) 

White 2-105/155 (neighbor farmer had one)

Ford/Versatile 276/9030 (neighbor farmer had one)

John Deere 4955/4960 (at the time JD's biggest row crop tractor)

Ford 8830 (I'd take a later TW series in place of this one)

Case 1570 Spirit of 76 (one of the best paint scheme's ever on a tractor)

I was able to get my biggest bucket list tractor this past year which was an IH 986, as I got to use one as a kid that belonged to the neighbor and I just love the way the 86 series look.  I also have a few other 86's now! 

I also bought a New Holland TV140 a few years ago to use and still own because of my experience with the 276 that the same neighbor owned.  

So what's your bucket list tractors, that you have either bought or just wish you had one! :)

augjayindexpic.jpg

8830.jpg

276.jpg

976.jpg

4955.jpg

2-105.jpg

too start with a JD 4320, Massey 1150, Allis WD45, 185, 

• Thanks 1

About a month ago bought a 1983 White 2-88.Always wanted a  White tractor...this one has 3476 original hours.In the process of repainting it,new cab kit and larger front and rear tires.

Paul

20180901_144816.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pms1961 said:

About a month ago bought a 1983 White 2-88.Always wanted a  White tractor...this one has 3476 original hours.In the process of repainting it,new cab kit and larger front and rear tires.

Paul

20180901_144816.jpg

Those tires do look small.   Is that like the 2-85 where you can ad the turbo setup and essentially have a 2-105? Except I guess yours would be a 2-110? 

Nice 986 BTW! 

Would love to have anything in 86 seies or 88 series ih. Also a 1066, 1026 or 826 hydro.

Also like to have dads D21 allis back or one like it. Far as that goes any of dads tractors would be neat to have back massey 33, ford 961, minne ub special, jd 4020, couple of allis 190s...allis 7060.

Thank's,it's a 1981 886 with around 5500 hours.Yep that would make it 2-110.Has the perkins 354.4 in it.I've had several other makes over the years Ford,Deere,Massey...the're all good tractors if you take care of 'em.Sold a real nice 3020 diesel recently.

Paul

20171112_140511.jpg

I'd like to find a nice 932 Case like the one I farmed with in the late 1970s. Picture is from the spring of 81. Traded it on the 2090 that winter. 

May 2 81.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of tractors I would like to own.  Too many to name them all but a few highlights would be a big MM 1000, an Oliver 99 series with a GM, tricycle JD 4320 and so on.  Its funny you mentioned the Ford 976.  We had one and it was the worst tractor we ever owned or the one that was the most disappointing.  It drove us away from Versatile. 

15 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Its funny you mentioned the Ford 976.  We had one and it was the worst tractor we ever owned or the one that was the most disappointing.  It drove us away from Versatile. 

I've never used or driven one. I just had the brochure as a kid and have had a few toys of it since I was young.   It's definitely a tractor I would have 0 actual use for except unless I got another implement stuck! :)  I just think they are cool.   I stopped by a local dealer that had a pretty nice one on auction house just to see one up close.  All that did was make me want it! :P 

I love these topics!

in no order.

86 series 

Ford 5000

Oliver 880 standard

w4

MM gv1

White 2-105 on 34's mfwa cab

Case 1070 cab on 34's

MF 1114 mfwa cab on 34's

Ford 8210 mfwa cab

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

White 2-105 on 34's mfwa cab

Case 1070 cab on 34's

MF 1114 mfwa cab on 34's

Ford 8210 mfwa cab

You have a 34" tire fetish! :)   Ford 8210 is a cool tractor too! 

Cat, D6 and 8.......

Rick

• Thanks 1

Super 88 Diesel, 6000 Ford.  1370 case open station.  

• Thanks 1

I was at a sale awhile back, had a nice Ford 7600. Was tempted!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loadstar said:

I'd like to find a nice 932 Case like the one I farmed with in the late 1970s. Picture is from the spring of 81. Traded it on the 2090 that winter. 

May 2 81.jpg

That's a pretty neat tractor.  I am guessing getting out the left hand door was fun with that jug there! :)

My dream tractor would be to find Dad's 1969 856 Custom that we sold in late 1995 after we went broke raising hogs.

I'm sure some of you have a machine like that. 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I do not have any use for one but I remember being a kid and thinking that the 2+2 was cool looking so one of those would be what I would pick.  I guess you could put a brush hog on the back and it would do that job for me.

• Thanks 1

My fathers 1206. Know where it is but it’s “not for sale”

Neighbors 1950T Oliver. Grew up on that tractor. Have no idea where it is

5488 four wheel drive! Just because it’s cool 😎 

600 Oliver I had. Like a damn fool, I sold it 

Farmall M that was my grandfathers, bought new. Again, I bought it not knowing what it was and sold it 🤬

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doug in NY said:

I do not have any use for one but I remember being a kid and thinking that the 2+2 was cool looking so one of those would be what I would pick.  I guess you could put a brush hog on the back and it would do that job for me.

Agreed, mine would be the 6788 I went to look at but the timing for me to buy was wrong. I’d love a super series ❤️

• Thanks 1

Steiger Panther 350

Ford 9600

• Thanks 1

My grandpa's 1950 JD B and all the implements he had. Sadly it left the farm at the auction in 1981 to parts unknown. 

• Thanks 1

JD 6030 with a 619 . . . ya I know, just hand me my sign!

A JD number series dut dut, just because my mom’s family farmed with them.

There’s a handful of IH’s I would like to own.

• Thanks 1

Late 4050 jd with 359T........4 post with power shift 

45 thru 4960 with mfd......would love to find one with a wrecked engine so I could drop an IH 466 in just because.

IH 3488.......seems like the days of them being cheap are over so probably not

Have everything else I need/want.