lorenzo

I see your doing something stupid

So, I guess I will take a picture instead of holding your ladder

1877485891_Image10-10-18at8_09AM.thumb.jpg.5c99a745a308ce6d464aac74a9063f14.jpg.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

That's about how people do it today with a cam on every phone.......

Rick

• Like 1

wow that's pretty Ballsy

• Haha 1

I hope he doesn't Kick the (a) bucket...

• Haha 3

I think he must have really small Kahonies otherwise he'd weigh way too much and the ladder would break right through the buckets

• Haha 1

Can't believe i didn't think of the buckets

IMG_4249.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ksfarmdude said:

wow that's pretty Ballsy

Not sure thats the word i would use for it.....🙄

• Haha 1

Actually not as bad as it looks. Would I do it? No.

But I do use a single bucket as a step stool from time to time. He has four. Plus, he does have a block of wood on top of each bucket. Don't think anything drastic will happen unless he looses his balance.

• Like 1

Just now, hillskinefarms said:

Actually not as bad as it looks. Would I do it? No.

But I do use a single bucket as a step stool from time to time. He has four. Plus, he does have a block of wood on top of each bucket. Don't think anything drastic will happen unless he looses his balance.

Or the dog runs thru....

• Haha 1

Why didn't he just support it off the balcony with ratchet straps (like the fella in another post awhile back)?  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I was younger and dumber and before camera phones I once put an extension ladder in the bucket of a tractor so I could get to the top of a utility pole and splice in a 200a service that I changed out hot. It’s kind of hard to handle a 3 1/2’ long set of Brundy crimpers when your hanging onto a pole for dear life and the whole mess is shaking with no harness. I was too young and afraid to tell my boss to get $&!?!!!! Would I do it again? **** no. This guy has more of a chance of losing his balance and falling that the bucket collapsing. His wood bridges the weight across it. I’ll bet if you walked up and kicked the side of one he’d know it! 🤨. I’ve also been up 4 1/2 stories on a bakers scaffold to reach light fixtures in a church. When the boss says he has a helper bringing me the scaffold that I need for the day I should of known. Also should of told him to bring me the correct tools. Thank god where I work now it’s done safely or not at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Why didn't he just support it off the balcony with ratchet straps (like the fella in another post awhile back)?  😁

He smartened up after the balcony let go

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I don't think there is much of any way one person could hold that ladder and make it any safer.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

When I was younger and dumber and before camera phones I once put an extension ladder in the bucket of a tractor so I could get to the top of a utility pole and splice in a 200a service that I changed out hot. 

I saw a picture of my buddy doing EXACTLY THAT!  D-12 Allis-Chalmers, 12 ft wooden ladder. Been within the last 5 years I saw it posted on FaceBook by his wife.

• Like 1

I painted the haymow door of a barn on an extension ladder in the bucket of a loader on a John Deere 4450. In my 20's, working for a neighbor. 😁

• Like 1

He got it done. I've put a 30' ladder in my skidsteer bucket, as well as on top of a pair of saw horses with a platform of ply wood screwed to the top. Although, I also screwed the ladder to the plywood, for safety.   This was running my own electrical service to my house, over a large two lane road.  I replaced the panel and the power company said they would not have time to do the complete reconnect, over the road and off another pole.  I said how about if it's there, and you just show up and make the connection?  He said "I don't know anything, will be back at 4:30".  Didn't die. Saved about $2k.  Electrical inspector said it looked great.  I think this new pansey but world gets a bit overboard sometimes. Like when the guy at Home Depot couldn't bring the forklift out to my trailer without having two other flaggers directing traffic.  60minute three man job, to do five minutes worth of work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

When I was younger and dumber and before camera phones I once put an extension ladder in the bucket of a tractor so I could get to the top of a utility pole and splice in a 200a service that I changed out hot. It’s kind of hard to handle a 3 1/2’ long set of Brundy crimpers when your hanging onto a pole for dear life and the whole mess is shaking with no harness. I was too young and afraid to tell my boss to get $&!?!!!! Would I do it again? **** no. This guy has more of a chance of losing his balance and falling that the bucket collapsing. His wood bridges the weight across it. I’ll bet if you walked up and kicked the side of one he’d know it! 🤨. I’ve also been up 4 1/2 stories on a bakers scaffold to reach light fixtures in a church. When the boss says he has a helper bringing me the scaffold that I need for the day I should of known. Also should of told him to bring me the correct tools. Thank god where I work now it’s done safely or not at all. 

44 minutes ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I saw a picture of my buddy doing EXACTLY THAT!  D-12 Allis-Chalmers, 12 ft wooden ladder. Been within the last 5 years I saw it posted on FaceBook by his wife.

I've spent some time on a ladder in a bucket as well. We have 1 yard light even the f25 farmhand won't reach. Takes a 10' ladder as well. I don't mind being on the ladder as much as climbing the loader arms to get in the bucket. I have seen some people have welded rungs on their loader arms which seems like a good idea.

On a side note- LED yard lights are great!

• Like 2

Guilty of the ladder in the loader bucket...also been used as a man lift...

The loader always seems more stable than a manlift...ive been to the top of a 135 boom and i have to say no thanks not again....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Guilty of the ladder in the loader bucket...also been used as a man lift...

The loader always seems more stable than a manlift...ive been to the top of a 135 boom and i have to say no thanks not again....

I've been 100' on a ladder truck and that seems like plenty.  140' on a man lift sure seems like alot when you look at that small footprint.

• Like 1

The question is this.

Is he so tup as to not know he is tup?

Tup (or twp  to give the Welsh version) is Welsh for stupid.

• Haha 1

Personally,I was good with it right up to standing on the top step. That's some bad juju. The loader bucket thing,depends on the machine and operator but not to damn often.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lorenzo said:

1877485891_Image10-10-18at8_09AM.thumb.jpg.5c99a745a308ce6d464aac74a9063f14.jpg.

Everybody know what time it is???

....TOOL TIME!!!!!!!!

c'mon Al.....we gotta new tool today....it's the Binford 6100 extension ladder with adjustable height settings....this bad boy can reach over 30 ft to get those pesky Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!...............

• Haha 1

Wouldn't it be nice if designers would actually live with their spectacular creations?

• Haha 1