I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a TD-14A with a mag also and thought I knew enough to get it going.  Had been setting outside for 10 years, so it has been a lot of work to get it to run.  I've been through the carb a couple of times and it is working well.  But my spark is not the sharp, blue spark that Delta Dirt talked about.  I had it start real easily a month ago, got busy with life, and now called a mover to haul it for me and it won't start.  It has a spark but not very bright.  Has new plugs, points cleaned and gap set properly, starting fuel system is working properly.  Where's my problem? Condenser, or weak coil?

new parts are junk and should be suspect from 2nd use,

may start hunting with known working wires  get one good copper core wire and jump spark for top cap to block  if not hot to weak blue go towards mag if good then suspect parts outward

when the 9 acts up I start swapping good parts from the just now running ..x...clean point with points file, helps square them if you got <$20 china junk,which they also short out to the base.

If you are getting good spark at the points the condenser is good. Check the coil with an ohmmeter, I don’t know the resistance value, but if it’s open there will be no spark. Check under the coil cover for cracks or carbon tracking then check for spark at the coil cover terminal. If there is spark there. Check distributor cap and rotor for cracks and carbon tracking.