DirtBoyz07

5388 getting updated 😎

It's been raining here and no dozing work or fall harvest work yet  so I have decided to put the new cab on the 5388 that I have had sitting in the shed for a while . It's one of the test cabs that came out of Case IH Engineering and sitting on its original pallet . There is no sn plate and not sure if it was ever put on a tractor or not ? I decided to put this cab on because I do use this tractor for farming and as I get older it sucks hauling corn and beans into town on the open station and in the spring working ground when it's not those perfect weather days .

I am planning on putting the IH cab roof top on this cab along with changing out the clutch and brake pedals so it will be like the original 5488 powershift that IH had built at the time of the merger . The dash unit is the only thing that I won't replace because it just works to good and it would take some modification and not having the last dash assemble that the case boys threw in the scap pile !!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Cant wait to see it with a full cab.

• Like 1

Might as well make it a 4-WD while you are at it!

• Like 1

Can’t wait to see it installed!  

How or where did you have access to all the cool IH prototype parts that you have casually sitting around? Cool stuff for sure!

Looking good Danny

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.  It will be neat to enjoy that tractor in 2 different configurations.  😃

4 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

Can’t wait to see it installed!  

How or where did you have access to all the cool IH prototype parts that you have casually sitting around? Cool stuff for sure!

Something tells me that some questions are best not asked 😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1

Most of you know , I spent 17 1/2 years at IH and case IH on the dealership side , we bought stuff out of Hinsdale Engineering so I was familiar with the place . A number of years ago I was lucky enough to meet a guy at one of the tractor shows and he had a bunch of stuff that all came out of Hinsdale and long story short we got together on a price and I was able to bring it all home .

Knowing about the about powershift 50 series tractor for many years I built this tractor and am just trying to get the last couple things done to make it back to its original  condition of December 31 1984 . I can document this tractor and no matter what some folks say this tractor was completely done at the time of the merger . Just a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to meet the head engineer at IH and got the real story about the tractor I have here , and the 5488 powershift was his last tractor he and his team built at IH before the merger .

When thing slow down this winter I am going to do a story up for all of you to enjoy and will have the real facts not a story from the Case version of the story .

Danny 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

5 minutes ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Most of you know , I spent 17 1/2 years at IH and case IH on the dealership side , we bought stuff out of Hinsdale Engineering so I was familiar with the place . A number of years ago I was lucky enough to meet a guy at one of the tractor shows and he had a bunch of stuff that all came out of Hinsdale and long story short we got together on a price and I was able to bring it all home .

Knowing about the about powershift 50 series tractor for many years I built this tractor and am just trying to get the last couple things done to make it back to its original  condition of December 31 1984 . I can document this tractor and no matter what some folks say this tractor was completely done at the time of the merger . Just a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to meet the head engineer at IH and got the real story about the tractor I have here , and the 5488 powershift was his last tractor he and his team built at IH before the merger .

When thing slow down this winter I am going to do a story up for all of you to enjoy and will have the real facts not a story from the Case version of the story .

Danny 

On the edge of seat. Thank you so much for spending the time to build this tractor and background it aswell.

Trent

Looking forward to the story. 🙂

34 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Looking forward to the story. 🙂

X102

• Like 1

Great piece of history you have there Danny!  Awesome work as always.  What's the story about the little red dozer sitting in front of it?

20 minutes ago, redturbo said:

What's the story about the little red dozer sitting in front of it?

Looks like the yard art is getting painted.

Danny, did you ever get the dozer to run?

Good for you Danny, that new cab will round off that project perfectly....cant wait to see the end result and full story behind it all.

Really cool that you got to meet the head engineer for that project...boy would I love to sit down and chat with that guy.

Thanks for the updates....fun times at the underground👍

Heath

Get that cab put on there ASAP so it can stop raining Danny!!    You will need that cab to keep the mud off of you!

Yes the little TD 5 is going down at the road on a mound of dirt with big field stone around it, yes it does run and work .  I'm going to make a sign Dirt Boyz Proving Grounds sign to go in front of it 😎 Soon as it drys up I am taking the beans off the field and we will get it finished up.

The  5388 will be getting the cab back on today or tomorrow , have a couple things to finish up today .

Danny 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Danny 

Danny, you ruined my story.  I was going to explain to everyone the truth about the wormhole through the space/time continuum that leads from Hinsdale to a secret room at Dirtboyz Proving Grounds.

• Like 1

This should be about the top project that redpower has seen.  Were the 5388 panels actually made or just stickers on old sheet metal. 

20 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Danny 

How’s your security around there!👽Up to Area 51 standards? Those Case gurus might pay you s visit to destroy the truth 😎

I came up with the 5388 number not IH , they are decals I had in my tool box from back in the day when I repaint all the new 30&50 series tractors . I figured they already had the 50,52,5488 so I chose 5388 and when I do the 5588 I have room for my next number 🤔

Brady Boy , is my top security man , being he is Air Force survalance and keeps an eye on the place , oh and the full sercuity system , 24 /7 night vision cameras !! I don't want to say I'm safe because you never know , but  if someone ever does show up uninvited they better hope I don't know them 😎

Danny 

• Thanks 1

Here is the new cab and the original open station .

Danny 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Danny 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That is sooooo cool!

32 minutes ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Danny 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

look at that front glass curve!

Absolutely fascinating. Your projects are always very interesting