Glenn Gavin

International 3414 backhoe

I recently bought an international 3414 backhoe. I believe it's a 1965 model. I bought it with one of the hoses from the front wheels to the power steering directional control valve split in 2. I put a new hose on and no oil was flowing through the hose. So I took the valve off and cleaned it and put it back and still nothing. All other hydraulics are working good and hydraulic oil levels are good. Anyone any ideas how I go about fixing this or know what's wrong?

There is a flow diverter valve beside the seat that switches flow from steering the backhoe to steering the wheels. If the backhoe will swing the steering will not have pressure.

The diverter valve must be pulled or pushed to get steering and steering is fed by the small pump at right front corner of engine. the large pump at front of engine feeds the back hoe and loader. There should be a small check  valve in the steering control valve and it would be necc. to remove the valve.