Sign in to follow this  
brewcrew

S series wiper motor?

The windshield wipers on my 2574 silage truck quit working on me. First they would hesitate maybe a third of the way up, but then they flat out stalled. Given enough time they have come back down, but trying to run them will only get them stuck again. I'm thinking the motor is likely bad. Any chance IH used common parts with something else? Preferably Chevy trucks, as my brother has a bunch of Chevy parts! LOL. Otherwise, where can I find a number to get a new motor? Thanks!

I would try napa for the motor

I'm not having any luck with O'reillys finding a parts number. Anyone else have to replace one of these?

PAI or new star possibly.  Fleetpride sells PAI. Not sure what truck parts places you would have in your neck of the woods. Price it through Navistar.   that’s  a pretty common one might not be bad.  Check salvage yard if you have a close one.  Trucks go there with brand new parts all the time.

My local Navistar dealer could get one for 240 bucks, in a couple days!! But he also gave me the parts number, which my oreillys guy was able to match up with a $50 part on his shelf. I never did ask what it fit. But I got my problem solved. Thanks!!!