Allfarmall

T6 carburetor

Hi all. I resently purchased a t6 on an impulse buy. (first time for a crawler) after cleaning the points and getting good spark from the mag and filling her up with fresh petrol/gas, I decided to try and start her up but no joy. There seems to be no fuel coming up the the cylinders. But yet when I open the choke the fuel pours out the intake hose. Any light shed on this problem would be very appreciated, thank you 

How long since it ran? If a long time, the cylinders may be dry. Pull the plugs and squirt a little oil in each hole. While you have the plugs out do a compression test.

I think is sat for a lot of years. It feels like there is compression on the handle. Il try some oil in the bores that might help suck up the fuel. Thanks. 

AllFarmall

Welcome to the forum.       What Mr. Pope said is good information.     You might try holding your hand over the intake opening of the carburetor, while someone cranks over the engine.  There should be a strong vacuum,  this will indicate that the carburetor throttle plate is open and that the valves are operating.    Also while you have the plugs out you may want to crank the engine over be sure the mag is firing the correct cylinders.  This will verify that someone hasn't switched the plug wires to the wrong cylinder.

GT&T

once it is lubed try a bit of either....confirms plugs firing and vacuum port gummed in carb...unless very slow cranking speed...(cheap dirty cables)

Thank you all for your advice. I fitted new plug leads to the mag, checked timing of the mag (which was timed spot on.) put a couple of drops of oil in the bores. And after two cranks she burst in to life! So once again thank you. 

• Like 1