Our wonderful media at work

Gearclash

This saga is why some of us DO NOT trust what the media says.  

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=808673&mid=7019011#M7019011 Read the first link in the thread.

Then read the second link in this thread.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=808887&mid=7021057#M7021057

Bottom line.  Author ostensibly  sets out to answer the question of why the Nunes family moved to IA from CA and kept it so quiet.  Well, duh.  As mundane as economics maybe?  And it would be abnormal for a business to trumpet far and wide what they are doing.  But don’t let those simple ideas get in the way of a chance to get the ignorant masses riled up.  For what it’s worth, many CA diaries have moved to the midwest.

8 hours ago, Gearclash said:

This saga is why some of us DO NOT trust what the media says.  

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=808673&mid=7019011#M7019011 Read the first link in the thread.

Then read the second link in this thread.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=808887&mid=7021057#M7021057

Bottom line.  Author ostensibly  sets out to answer the question of why the Nunes family moved to IA from CA and kept it so quiet.  Well, duh.  As mundane as economics maybe?  And it would be abnormal for a business to trumpet far and wide what they are doing.  But don’t let those simple ideas get in the way of a chance to get the ignorant masses riled up.  For what it’s worth, many CA diaries have moved to the midwest.

Kinda funny and somewhat related. When I was in 3RD Cav Ft Bliss Tx I got both the Tribune and Post. One was there in the morning and after PT  (physical training) when I went home to shower and change I read the paper while eating breakfast. Then the other paper came in the afternoon. One paper was very left leaning and the other very right. Reagan had only been in office about a year. Both papers would report on the same event. One would make whatever the event was sound like it was pure evil and the other like it was inspired by god. My dad had pointed out that the news media was like that back in the early 70's before I joined the Army.

Now go back to the 60's. 2 young reporters filed stories for this place where there was a war going on. That war had started back in late 40's right after the end of WWII. One country had fought that war but withdrew in 1958. The US had sent advisers and weapons. These stories they wrote got the people of the US convinced that we should support the one country. 5 years alter the same 2 reporters are credited with causing the American people to withdraw support for the fighting in Vietnam.  

Years before that this guy, bully really, who made his fortune running over people bought new papers so he could stop them from printing and selling negative stories about him. Some of the completely fabricated stories that he ordered written were instrumental in turning American opinion enough to get us to start a war with Spain. Now here is the real kicker........he himself was illiterate! His name was Hearst. Think Comstock Lode! He is well depicted for what he really was in the mini series "Deadwood". And yea he's the guy who had guards at his mines strip and body cavity search miners shooting anyone who resisted or were caught stealing as long as the mine was outside the US or one of the territories. 

So the news being crooked i noting new. I just thing we are more aware of it than in years past.

Rick

14 hours ago, Gearclash said:

many CA diaries have moved to the midwest.

Puzzled here, why would someone take his diary to go to the midwest and write in it there?

best, randy

The San Francisco Chronicle where all of the ati-Vietnam war effort originated, their front page was always some left-wing crap and if they are still in business still is.

They make the LA Times look like Fox news.

6 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Kinda funny and somewhat related. When I was in 3RD Cav Ft Bliss Tx I got both the Tribune and Post. One was there in the morning and after PT  (physical training) when I went home to shower and change I read the paper while eating breakfast. Then the other paper came in the afternoon. One paper was very left leaning and the other very right. Reagan had only been in office about a year. Both papers would report on the same event. One would make whatever the event was sound like it was pure evil and the other like it was inspired by god. My dad had pointed out that the news media was like that back in the early 70's before I joined the Army.

Now go back to the 60's. 2 young reporters filed stories for this place where there was a war going on. That war had started back in late 40's right after the end of WWII. One country had fought that war but withdrew in 1958. The US had sent advisers and weapons. These stories they wrote got the people of the US convinced that we should support the one country. 5 years alter the same 2 reporters are credited with causing the American people to withdraw support for the fighting in Vietnam.  

Years before that this guy, bully really, who made his fortune running over people bought new papers so he could stop them from printing and selling negative stories about him. Some of the completely fabricated stories that he ordered written were instrumental in turning American opinion enough to get us to start a war with Spain. Now here is the real kicker........he himself was illiterate! His name was Hearst. Think Comstock Lode! He is well depicted for what he really was in the mini series "Deadwood". And yea he's the guy who had guards at his mines strip and body cavity search miners shooting anyone who resisted or were caught stealing as long as the mine was outside the US or one of the territories. 

So the news being crooked i noting new. I just thing we are more aware of it than in years past.

Rick

I think it’s just more blatantly skewed than it was. Bold faced lies with no attempt to disguise it into something that it’s not 

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

I think it’s just more blatantly skewed than it was. Bold faced lies with no attempt to disguise it into something that it’s not 

Actually no, look up yellow journalism.

Rick

38 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Actually no, look up yellow journalism.

Rick

This is what comes up when I looked it up;

https://www.britannica.com/topic/yellow-journalism

Which basically tells of a feud(?) between 2 newspapers/ owners creating sensationalism in order to increase newspaper circulation and sales.

What is being done today is far worse( in my opinion) The left are no longer interested in a civilized conversation on any issues core to their beliefs. If you don’t agree we will “ get in your face”, ( wasn’t that one of O’s sayings?),destroy you, destroy your property, disrupt your place of business or anything else we can do to “ silence “ your voices or opinions. 

In my opinion what we are seeing is Progressive tactics in all there glory. 

You think it’s bad now, just wait until Kavanaugh is confirmed! 

What’s happening now is just a “shot across the bow” 

10 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Which basically tells of a feud(?) between 2 newspapers/ owners creating sensationalism in order to increase newspaper circulation and sales.

What is being done today is far worse( in my opinion) The left are no longer interested in a civilized conversation on any issues core to their beliefs. If you don’t agree we will “ get in your face”, ( wasn’t that one of O’s sayings?),destroy you, destroy your property, disrupt your place of business or anything else we can do to “ silence “ your voices or opinions. 

No IMO completely fabricated stories pawned of as real are worse than twisting the truth.

Rick 

11 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

No IMO completely fabricated stories pawned of as real are worse than twisting the truth.

Rick 

The yellow journalism link doesn’t say anything about fabricated stories that I saw anywhere? 

Can you fill us in on what you mean by yellow journalism? The other links I saw were more interested in describing the color yellow and simply ignored the journalism part

I think I’d be hard pressed to say what is being done today is simply twisting the truth.

41 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Yellow journalism as addressed by congress sometime in the late 1800s or early 1900s involved newspapers writing pure fiction stories and passing it off as news. The practice was not outlawed but they did make it so that to sell it as news it supposed to be an actual event, not fabricated and thus the tabloids were born like National Enquirer. However they did nothing to make the media report accurately or fairly.

Rick  

1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

Yellow journalism as addressed by congress sometime in the late 1800s or early 1900s involved newspapers writing pure fiction stories and passing it off as news. The practice was not outlawed but they did make it so that to sell it as news it supposed to be an actual event, not fabricated and thus the tabloids were born like National Enquirer. However they did nothing to make the media report accurately or fairly.

Rick  

The search I did was quick, but the only relevant one that didn’t try to define the color was the one I posted!

Thank you 

Archived