a nation wide text

edwardporter1

the gov has been working on a nation wide text message system since 9/11. tomorrow is the first test. 75% of cell phones will get it at 12 18 eastern time. kinda like the radio broadcast that interrupt. landlines will not receive any notifications but tvs will get it several hours later. system is made to notify citizenry of disaster. missle attacks and other dire emergencys

1 hour ago, Art From DeLeon said:

More government intrusion, and I doubt if there is a way of blocking it.

Unplug the tv

On your phone, 2:18 EDT. Cannot be blocked.  You can run but you can't hide.......

Good luck , many did not receive the call last month here.

Ah I already ignore most things that I get on my phone.  Just one more. I suppose you could smash your phone with a hammer and really show Uncle Sam who’s boss

16 hours ago, TomH said:

On your phone, 2:18 EDT. Cannot be blocked.  You can run but you can't hide.......

TURN OFF THE PHONE. MASH THE OFF BUTTON. REMOVE THE BATTERY.

PUT YOURSELF IN CHARGE.

I got mine at 1:18 , it was right on time I guess . Stuff like this kind of scares me in a weird way , seems like it's not a private world anymore . How did they get my cell phone number to send the test notification ?

I am fortunate to not have gotten it

27 minutes ago, FARMALL FIXER said:

I got mine at 1:18 , it was right on time I guess . Stuff like this kind of scares me in a weird way , seems like it's not a private world anymore . How did they get my cell phone number to send the test notification ?

It was coordinated by the cell phone carriers (At&T, Verizon, etc). They just push it out system wide.

Your phone listens to everything that you do.  You might not believe me now, but you will eventually .

4 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

It was coordinated by the cell phone carriers (At&T, Verizon, etc). They just push it out system wide.

I bet the phone spammers would like to get that list of phone numbers in their hands! 

50 minutes ago, rsscott said:

Your phone listens to everything that you do.  You might not believe me now, but you will eventually .

I have heard  that .  Have a friend that says him and a buddy talked about cat litter for like thirty minutes.    Then checked there phone on line and there was adds for cat litter.        I have no reason to doubt it

what the.   I guess they have bugged us all already 😒

6 minutes ago, dannyredfan said:

I have heard  that .  Have a friend that says him and a buddy talked about cat litter for like thirty minutes.    Then checked there phone on line and there was adds for cat litter.        I have no reason to doubt it

what the.   I guess they have bugged us all already 😒

I have no doubt that I am, or will be, on someone's schitt list.

2 hours ago, dannyredfan said:

On a I phone you can turn off emergency alerts.     I got mine around 2:00  but now I have turned it off

I've heard that you CANNOT turn this one off - so - are you sure?

best, randy

Archived