You can't be too safe these days

lorenzo

I'd be more worried about the strength of the banister lol.

That ladder looks to be one of those folding ladders.

Having had to scrape up the mangled and broken victims of several of those ladders when they turn themselves into a medieval contraption that would be more at home in the Tower of London.

I personally would not have one.

3 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

TWO straps holding the ladder, that guy's a stickler for safety no doubt!!

With a third half way just to be on the safe side!

I'm guessing he's not married, otherwise his wife would be yelling at him for doing stupid stuff like that.

31 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

I'm guessing he's not married, otherwise his wife would be yelling at him for doing stupid stuff like that.

Being tired from his wife yelling at him is probably the reason why he is "doing stupid stuff like that"

Vaulted ceilings are all the rage they said. Open floor plan they said. 100' ceilings are cool they said. 500,000$ later and 1 darwin award winner and theres you suburban paradise!

What ????....doesn't everybody use certified straps when tying the ladder to the house 🙄

23 hours ago, Art From DeLeon said:

Being tired from his wife yelling at him is probably the reason why he is "doing stupid stuff like that"

Or her complaining about the light burnt out

I can see several things that scream safety in that picture. 

1. He has three points of contact on that ladder. Both feet and holding on with a hand while working. 

2. Three straps, most of us wouldn’t take the time to install 3 straps and get them all properly tensioned. 

3. They probably eat super around 6, so in doing this job at 5 of 6 he is saving at least 5 pounds of weight on that ladder. 

6 hours ago, NY1468 said:

I can see several things that scream safety in that picture. 

1. He has three points of contact on that ladder. Both feet and holding on with a hand while working. 

2. Three straps, most of us wouldn’t take the time to install 3 straps and get them all properly tensioned. 

3. They probably eat super around 6, so in doing this job at 5 of 6 he is saving at least 5 pounds of weight on that ladder. 

Yea, but if he waited until after supper when his buddies came over and had a few beers, they could of had 2 guys holding the ladder vertically and the third guy fixing the light!

It's a ceiling fan.  If the straps give way, he can grab the rod and slide down. No way of knowing if he is installing or removing.

Archived