350 diesel

ihrondiesel

I see there’s a 350 diesel for sale on AuctionTime. Looks like a 350 Utility actually. They are fairly rare in the diesel version IIRC,  I’d think a 350D utility might be more rare than a 350D row crop version. No connection to the tractor, just caught my eye. REALLY rough shape, though. 

http://www.auctiontime.com/onlineauctions/details.aspx?OHID=28055981&lp=TH

Sorry, I made the mistake of assuming the seller knew what he has. Is the 340 a 2/3 size 560?  I did think that engine resembles a 282. 

9 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Sorry, I made the mistake of assuming the seller knew what he has. Is the 340 a 2/3 size 560?  I did think that engine resembles a 282. 

yes but some different parts

with shipping $2500 and missing parts obut 20% cheaper to but a good one.....no HU code listed

If that is a International 340 utility the engine would be a D166, about 2/3 of a D282 engine in the 560 but not quite.  The 340, 460, and 560 diesels all had the same bore but different stroke.  I learned the hard way when mistakenly trying to put 560 pistons in the 340 diesel engine.  You are about 1/8 inch short from center of wrist pin to top of piston so when running (slobbering would be a better word!) the engine never would run right.  With the correct pistons all is fine now.

P1010004.JPG

is the one above  stamped HC or CR ?

well it went for $900   with freight and all the missing parts /repairs ,would  have > $6K into it, for reg farmall with cobbled wide front

who was the buyer/......?      Jeff.......

Archived